General 40mm Gmax springs not low enough

Currently reading:
General 40mm Gmax springs not low enough

Gmax 60mm was discontinued ages ago.

I tried for weeks to get one! they are listed on sites, even with availability, but they can't get them, several places said manf doesn't produce them any more. Edworthys kept me hanging on for weeks just to offer me the cobra set, which tooks weeks again to arrive :(. They are great though, but don't look as low as they could for 50mm.

There may be old stock of the gmax at some place but thats VERY unlikly ;) ALso for 60mm you'd def need new dampers!

Kristian

//EDIT

Don;'t know about springs in the shocks, but I'm def sure the OEM ones are just oil. You can pull them in and out to your hearts content and they will stay there.

The cobra ones I had a gas charged, and shoot right out, you have to have a retainer to compress them to a shorter length.

Funny thing was they were shipped from holland and one of the retainers had come loose and the shock had shot it's way through about 10mm of carboard packaging. Hope it wasn't into anyone when it happened!!!!

Last edited:
Gmax 60mm was discontinued ages ago.

I tried for weeks to get one! they are listed on sites, even with availability, but they can't get them, several places said manf doesn't produce them any more. Edworthys kept me hanging on for weeks just to offer me the cobra set, which tooks weeks again to arrive :(. They are great though, but don't look as low as they could for 50mm.

There may be old stock of the gmax at some place but thats VERY unlikly ;) ALso for 60mm you'd def need new dampers!

Kristian

//EDIT

Don;'t know about springs in the shocks, but I'm def sure the OEM ones are just oil. You can pull them in and out to your hearts content and they will stay there.

The cobra ones I had a gas charged, and shoot right out, you have to have a retainer to compress them to a shorter length.

Funny thing was they were shipped from holland and one of the retainers had come loose and the shock had shot it's way through about 10mm of carboard packaging. Hope it wasn't into anyone when it happened!!!!

Could you do me a favour bud, measure from the top of the wheel arch to the ground front and back? Assuming you have 13s.

Back