Technical 3rd Brake light???

Currently reading:
Technical 3rd Brake light???

jackoneil3 said:
Any ideas how to get to it folks? :bang: its driving me nutss!!!!
I presume you are wanting access so you can fit the mask ?

Well you need to remove the plastic lining from the boot lid to get access to the top lining and then it will all make itself clear ;)

i know there are two 5mm alan key screws in the handle of the black plasticlining of the boot, i've undone them but cannot get any further im completely baffled!!

jackoneil3 said:
i know there are two 5mm alan key screws in the handle of the black plasticlining of the boot, i've undone them but cannot get any further im completely baffled!!
Well from that point it's a case of just going for it. It's kinda scary because you have to put a fair bit of force in it the first few times you do it because the clips are rather tight.

Once you have those screws out, get a long flat screwdriver under the plastic, put a towel around the end so it don't scratch the car when you lever it. Basically get as close to one of the white clips you will see under the plastic and slowly work the screw driver around it until it pops out. It will happen don't worry. Be very carefull not to break off the plastic around the clips though because it will not go back on so tight if there's a few missing.

very well, thought that mite of been the case, jus close my eyesd n hope for the best, let u kno how it goes, cheers mate!!!

Back