General 24000 service,cost?

Currently reading:
General 24000 service,cost?

steffo

Just been to Thames in Slough to book a 24,000 mile service and have been quoted £385+VAT (£462 inc) this seems excessive or is it normal?
I haven't got a local independent I can trust so a main dealer is my best bet.If anybody knows of any other good dealers close to London i'd be very grateful to hear about them :)

Fiat in cleckheaton have told me £240 for a 4 year service and dont include oil or oil filter i nearly hit the floor. Too expensive

I asked mine what Oil they use, thinking they would use some cheap stuff but they said they using Selenia Oil. Because I was even thinking supplying that too but in the end just ended up giving them Denso plugs as they were going to install NGK. But £227 seemed like a day light robbery to me since my mate did major service on his Audi A3 for £299.

Just been to Thames in Slough to book a 24,000 mile service and have been quoted £385+VAT (£462 inc) this seems excessive or is it normal?
I haven't got a local independent I can trust so a main dealer is my best bet.If anybody knows of any other good dealers close to London i'd be very grateful to hear about them :)

What they including within that. Without a breakdown of the price its meaningless on here.

He said that it included Oil and filter,Pollen Filter,new plugs,brake fluid change and comprehensive inspection.Think i'm going to phone back tomorrow to see if he has made a mistake,he didn't seem to know quite what he was doing to be honest.

He said that it included Oil and filter,Pollen Filter,new plugs,brake fluid change and comprehensive inspection.Think i'm going to phone back tomorrow to see if he has made a mistake,he didn't seem to know quite what he was doing to be honest.

That's well over for that tbh. Must be more, or like you say he didn't have a clue.

Back