585FADAF-C6B2-4DD8-BF54-927CCC184145.jpeg

Panda 2012+ 2022 Fiat Panda Sport

Introduction

My new 2022 Fiat Panda Sport Hybrid in Tango Red. From Fiat Slough, with 1 mile n the clock. it replaces the 2020 Fiat Panda City across Hybrid in Dew Green.
Nice choice.

Yes its very red.

Heres ours also from Slough in May 2021.

Did you go for any options

Tim

Attachments

• 20210819_195119.jpg
    20210819_195119.jpg
    950 KB · Views: 47
I’m not sure your photos worked there Tim.

I actually lease them, my wife got her 6th 500, whilst this is my 4th Panda. I don’t spec the car as it’s already built, bar having roof bars and a tow-bar fitted.

This particular example does have heated front seats, as well as a heated front windscreen, and the rear passenger windows are tinted.

The only thing I’d say is that the dash is a little dated, particularly alongside the touchscreen DAB radio. It’s also a couple steps behind the dash on my wife’s 500 Sport, that’s very swish. Whilst I do like having DAB stations, the rest of what‘s there can be had on my iPhone.

It does sit a little lower than the City Cross I handed back, but it does look ice and drives well enough. I’m looking forward to driving it this year when the weather is better.

What options did you spec Tim?

Hi.

Yes you have the winter pack.

We went winter pack, safety pack(heated mirrors and parking sensors), spare wheel, thermostatic heating system, split fold rear seat with 3 belts.
The earlier sport models( until late summer 2021) don't have the touch screen android auto/ apple carplay so we have the dab radio/ phone connectivity and dashboard phone mount.
Ordered Feb 2021 and took delivery in May 2021 specified to our order.

I find its very smooth on a motorway with the 3cylinder engine being quieter than the old 1.2 4 cylinder. However 6th gear can be too much of a strain on a motorway inclines so be prepared to change down to 5th in advance of inclines rather than getting bogged down in 6th. Later on in the year we put pirelli winter tyres on and the ride was much more playful.

Outright purchase is our preference as we still have our 2005 panda 17 years on and 97000miles so itslikely we will still have our hybrid with a manual gearbox when everyone else has electric cars.
We prefer manuals so its our last chance to get the manual gearbox.

Tim

I’m not sure your photos worked there Tim.

I actually lease them, my wife got her 6th 500, whilst this is my 4th Panda. I don’t spec the car as it’s already built, bar having roof bars and a tow-bar fitted.

This particular example does have heated front seats, as well as a heated front windscreen, and the rear passenger windows are tinted.

The only thing I’d say is that the dash is a little dated, particularly alongside the touchscreen DAB radio. It’s also a couple steps behind the dash on my wife’s 500 Sport, that’s very swish. Whilst I do like having DAB stations, the rest of what‘s there can be had on my iPhone.

It does sit a little lower than the City Cross I handed back, but it does look ice and drives well enough. I’m looking forward to driving it this year when the weather is better.

What options did you spec Tim?
What year have you got a tow bar on, i thought they stopped being allowed to tow around 2016

What year have you got a tow bar on, i thought they stopped being allowed to tow around 2016
I’ve had a towbar on all 4 cars, a 2015, 2018, 2020, and now 2022. I’m not allowed to tow anything, as you say. But I can use tow bar mounted bike carriers, as well as box and luggage carriers.

Is it to do with your driving license. Ie anyone passing the test after 1997 has to pass a further test to be allowed/licensed to tow.

Tim

Law changed December last year
Everybody now has b and e catagory
So can now tow up to 3.5 tone combined weight provided the tow car can handle the weight
@timmycm850 I think the question meant 'what regulations stopped the Panda being allowed to tow', rather than a more general UK law change ... The VIN plate in the Hybrid model shows it is not permitted to tow anything. And as suggested above, more than likely because Fiat didn't put it forward for type approval.

For reference, other (older) models are limited to 400kg total weight of trailer and its contents (unbraked) or 800kg (trailer fitted with brakes). The Multijet 4x4 was permitted to tow a braked trailer and load of 900kg.

Back