Technical 2021 Ducato - Side Door Leaking

Currently reading:
Technical 2021 Ducato - Side Door Leaking

cw1968

Hello.
Beginning to regret sinking a huge part of our savings into a fully spec'd brand new Camper Van
Various issues have been referred back to dealer but one concerning problem that is mystifying my local Fiat garage that I was wondering if anyone has come across.
Side/Habitation door seal is just not sealing and leaking. Door alignment is perfect, flush and plumb in all lines, seal has been replaced, but still leaking and staining internal panels and blinds.
Any Fiat Ducato owners heard of this issue and solution.
Currently awaiting fitting of a second new seal but if that does not work not sure what solution will be as Dealer says has not seen this before and Fiat garage is mystified as it simply should not be leaking now.
Thanks.

Didn't you post the same question on the OutandAboutLive forum, where you received a fairly definitive answer from a knowledgeable and reliable poster with relevant technical experience (mikefitz) who also posts here sometimes?

Yes and I am trying to find additional info following Mike's advice as Fiat are saying there is no issue and I am more minded to believe Mike so if I can get some additional info (I DM'd Mike) it would help me.

Hi cw1968

Here's a suggestion. Wait for a dry day, when the van and seals are all nice and dry. Yes I know that's a big ask at the moment ! Dust the entire rubber door seal with talcum powder. Then play a misting hose gently above the door for a brief while. Wipe the outside with a chamois and allow things to settle, then open the door and quickly look for any areas of talc which have gone dark due to water creeping past.

As already mentioned, shutlines come second place to getting the door seal to be evenly compressed. There are several places to adjust door fit, depending on where there is too much or too little seal compression.

The explanation on the other forum, is that Sevel changed the type of material used in the sliding door seal during late 2019 production, as the earlier seal was causing paint rubbing issues. It is claimed there there are known issues with the newer seal resulting in leaks that may be minimised, but not eliminated, by door adjustments. It is claimed that a third design is in the pipeline, and that the owner of a Citroen Relay reported that a new seal had cured the problem. It was also suggested that the many in the dealer network may be unaware of the fault (probably not an issue that many goods van owners or operators may be aware of or feel necessitates fixing even if they are). In the circumstances the best course of action might be a call to Fiat Customer Care reporting what has been related and seeking confirmation and a fix.

Thanks for all replies and advice - much appreciated.

Oh wow. I've been trying to find someone with the same problem as me for ages.
I have a Dec 2020 Peugeot Boxer (same van) and I have water coming in the side door.
First off, if poured through the top front corner when driving in heavy rain. I solved this a bit by toeing the door in fully with the top adjuster.
The local dealership have replaced the door seal, which was badly fitted and had lumps and folds in.
But I still get a minor leak in the top of the seal.
Mechanics were saying that they have never seen this on any sevel vans in the past, and tried to blame my conversion work - but I showed them that this was not the case
It's booked back in for a few days at the end of the month for them to investigate further.
But it's good to know (in some ways) that I'm not alone.
I can't post a link, apparently, but the conversation is here:
http s www diymotorhome co uk threads/rain-test.2555
(A thread called rain test on the diymotorhome forum)

Do you have a link to the other forum post, please

Back