Technical 2019 TwinAir Cross 4x4 Rear Brake Noise in Reverse.

Currently reading:
Technical 2019 TwinAir Cross 4x4 Rear Brake Noise in Reverse.

SamBrink

Hi all, I am aware of the pre 2015 model brake noise, when in reverse, and the damper kit that solves the problem.

Vehicle has 31k kms on now, pads still look ok, and the Dampers are fitted as it is a later model.

I cleaned the Calipers, and used Liquiy Moly anti-squeal and it was fine for a day, and then back to sounding like a whale when I reverse.

The discs don't look great either, seemingly scored slightly. Any advice before i replace pads and discs for good measure?

Your advice and thoughts will be sincerely appreciated

Any advice before i replace pads and discs for good measure?

Thoroughly derust and clean the pad contact areas on the reaction frames, and lubricate with a suitable compound (copper grease will do, but there are more modern alternatives). You'll almost certainly need to remove the reaction frames from the car to do this properly.

See this thread for a general idea of what to do.

As JR states.
A clean and proper lube works.
My 4x4 did this not longer after I bought it new.

Dealer was hopeless when I took it in, so I striped the brakes down front and rear, cleaned them all and lubed the pins the capliers slide on with high temp brake grease.

It never did it again in nearly four years.
When checking, the caliper pins were built bone dry. I never spotted a smear of brake grease anywhere.

Just recently, her in doors has been moaning her Vitara has groaning brakes when reversed.
Again it will be crudy brake dust and bone dry caliper pins on the rear causing it.

Last edited:
Back