Technical 2017 Ducato Multijet 2.3 180 Comfort Matic Clutch Fluid Bleed

Currently reading:
Technical 2017 Ducato Multijet 2.3 180 Comfort Matic Clutch Fluid Bleed

Reavergy

Hi guys
I have a 2017 Ducato Multijet 2.3 - 180 with Comfort Matic gearbox.
I am told that the hydraulic fluid for the clutch should be changed every 2 or 3 years. I have done it in other vehicles with a clutch pedal, but I don't know how to bleed the system to replace the fluid with the Comfort Matic. Is there a way to operate the actuator to pump the master cylinder and keep it pressed while releasing the pressure at the concentric slave cylinder nipple (like in standard manual clutches) ?
Thank you.
Cheers

Last edited:
Disconnect battery using correct proceedure.

Only gravity bleed clutch fluid.

Make 100% sure there is no chance battery could reconnect while doing fluid renewal.

Thank you jackwhoo
So this process?
1)disconnect battery (disconnect negative cable)
2)fill up completely top clutch fluid reservoir
3)open bleeding nipple at slave cylinder and let it drip making sure the top reservoir is kept full all the time
4)when enough fluid has gone through to replace all the fluid in the system close bleeding nipple
5)reconnect battery

Last edited:
Disconnect battery using correct proceedure.

Only gravity bleed clutch fluid.

Make 100% sure there is no chance battery could reconnect while doing fluid renewal.
Why is the battery disconnect important as it's no where near the clutch reservoir, is this a computer thing

Why is the battery disconnect important as it's no where near the clutch reservoir, is this a computer thing
I have just replaced the clutch complete assembly on my 3.0 comfortmatic van. The clutch fluid was just black gunge so I did the gravity bleed routine as stated on this feed. I have the software if necessary for a "forced bleed". My understanding and I stand to be corrected, is the hydraulic system which operates the gear change and the clutch charges up when the driver's door opens and before you turn on the ignition. It basically pressurises the system in anticipation. If you left the battery connected I suggest it may cause the pump to operate the clutch master cylinder in an uncontrolled manner when you open the bleed screw from the concentric slave cylinder. Hopefully over this coming weekend the proof may be in the pudding as I reactivate all the systems now the mechanical bits are in.

Back