General 2013 Panda 4x4 Repairs

Currently reading:
General 2013 Panda 4x4 Repairs

Telecomsuk

Hi everybody, if this is of no interest please feel free to delete.
Well day one of repairs rear discs badly scored and rust on tyres.
I used a trolley jack on the jack point with a rubber piece to fit sill seam.
I fired axel stand under dif case. Removed slash guard 3 screws, 3 plastic nut and and trim clip. Found a big pile af dirt in the corner by the sill,
Undid the 2 calliper bolts moved calliper to one side , who at Fiat thought it was a good idea to blank the holes for the calliper carrier? So got the 4 bolts out holding the hub carrier, I did not remove or loosen hub nut, used long Allen bit to remove carrier bolts, fitted new disc, red thread loc on carrier bolts blue thread lock on hub carrier bolts, fit new pads fit new shock absorber , I used second trolley jack to lift axel. Removed stand under diff , Fitted wheel, remove jack under sill, torqued shock absorber, jacked up removed wheel ,fitted splash guard, refit wheel . 3 hours and that included finding the right sockets and fighting the carrier bolts. Other side tomorrow, then bumper off, front subframe off for 2 new control arms. This is a 22,000 mile car that has spent most of it life parked, aside from servicing nothing had been done. The engine guard is already off and is in a shocking rusty state unde the blistering paint. So another job. I have a lot of experience but this first time hands on with Panda.

is the 4x4 front wishbones much different ?

on the none 4x4 its just two bolts and one nut and bolt. Knock ot and replace. !0 minute job

From what I’ve read, series 3 Panda have a subframe below the engine, some bolts can only be accessed by removing the bumper, the sub frame butts up against the horizontal bolts that hold the front of control arm , we shall see if the bolt is accessible through the subframe.

Back