General 2013 fiat sport

Currently reading:
General 2013 fiat sport

Kayo

My wife has this 2013 sport.
I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
I started the car today with the driver door open and smelled a lot of fumes, did
not see any leaks, it could be exhaust maybe. Looked under the car on a hoist,
at a friends before found nothing.
anyone else got this.

If you hold a rag over the end of the exhaust for a few seconds, so that you get a temporary build-up of pressure, you'll be better able to see if there is an exhaust leak.

Check the flexi section under the sump in particular, and where the exhaust manifold joins the cylinder head. If it's "only" blowing at the silencer end, then you probably wouldn't have noticed it.

If the car has been sitting a while you might have got a dose of extra soot because of the inactivity, or if it just made a few short trips recently... since the exhaust needs to be properly hot to clean itself out.

Lastly, you could have a minor oil or fluid leak accumulating on the exhaust pipe which would normally burn off un-noticed. Again, have a look for any dripping or marks on the exhaust where it might be catching some residue.

Ralf S.

it could be exhaust maybe

It could indeed.

It could also be a split breather hose, though this is more likely to be noticeable when the doors are shut. This was very common the the early European 500's; Fiat subsequently redesigned the hose.

Look under the bonnet (hood) for any signs of leaks or split hoses.

My wife has this 2013 sport.
I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
I started the car today with the driver door open and smelled a lot of fumes, did
not see any leaks, it could be exhaust maybe. Looked under the car on a hoist,
at a friends before found nothing.
anyone else got this.

Thanks for the ideas
I’ll check these things out
And let you know what I found.

Kayo

Thanks all i checked the flexi and pipes yesterday, the flexi was good and the pipes.
I also took the pcv unit off and cleaned it out with brake clean we shall see today the wife is going out, with the car. I will check that lug on the back of the air box and that hose on the back of the plastic cover. I was wondering about the egr, there is mixed media whether there is one or not. I know that they build up with carbon and one know if and where it is.

Thanks in a advance
Jack

Thanks all i checked the flexi and pipes yesterday, the flexi was good and the pipes.
I also took the pcv unit off and cleaned it out with brake clean we shall see today the wife is going out, with the car. I will check that lug on the back of the air box and that hose on the back of the plastic cover. I was wondering about the egr, there is mixed media whether there is one or not. I know that they build up with carbon and one know if and where it is.

Thanks in a advance
Jack
The 1.2 assuming you have does not have a egre valv
That's only on the diesles

So awhile back i posted a thread about my wife was complaining about a smell like fuel in the cab, well after all this time we found out what is was.the first was a the gasket just before the header was leaking.replaced it still a little smell this went on for a while then check engine light came on and had to replace the thermostat replaced that car was good but low and behold checking it again the big hose going into the thermostat was leaking pulled it off and cut and inch off and put is back on and the wife has reported that she did not smell anything

Back