General 2013 Fiat doblo 1.3 multijet, new owner advice

Currently reading:
General 2013 Fiat doblo 1.3 multijet, new owner advice

Hi, I recently bought a 13 plate fiat doblo 1.3 multijet with a reconditioned engine. It was a private sale, so was a bit sceptical, but budget was a bit tight and it seemed like a good buy for £4000, it's got 84,000 miles (not sure on the engine), and 4 previous owners.

After speaking to some people, I was told that it would be a gamble, as you don't know how reliable the engineer who fitted it is, and how far they went with the rebuild, but I took my chances and so far so good. I've got the paperwork for the engine, but not history i.e mileage or engine number. The engine looks really clean, there's quite a few new parts fitted (at least what I can see), its also had new 3 piece luk clutch fitted, new top mounts, new water pump, new springs and new front discs and pads, with receipts, and the engine still has 5 months warranty, along with 6 months warranty from the private seller.

It was a private sale and i probably don't have much of a leg to stand on. Anyway it's early days but all things considered It drives well, starts first time, engine sounds good, and generally a tidy van.

I'm no mechanic though, so I've came here looking for some help and advice. What maintenance do you recommend ? I've been told the engines chain driven and to keep an eye on the timing chain. Also what's the common faults? I'm mainly doing city runs, so should I take extra care of the dpf ?

if you've got this far, thanks for reading, any help is appreciated 👍

Attachments

• 20221125_091307.jpg
    20221125_091307.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 894
Hi :)

Main thing is oil

Good oil and Changed often :)

Glowplugs are hard to access on your year of motor... earlier ones like I own were simpler.. but the motors are good

Ive not owned a DPF diesel.. but if you use it enough to get it HOT regularly you should be fine

When the oil is changed.. you need to tell the ECU.. as it 'counts' the pollutants in several ways
Thats a common bugbear.. garages not resetting the ECU at oilchange time

Charlie

8k isnt much distance.. but if you are doing city driving then worth doing oil annually

Diesel filter can probably go longer

Worth getting gear oil dealt with at 1st service too

Do keep an eye on fluid levels as its all rebuilt and new to you :)
Thanks mate 👍 do you mean gearbox oil ? As I'm not sure anything was done to the gearbox, Yeah I bought it off a mechanic, who offered to change oil and filter in 2,500 miles, won't hold him to it, but will get it serviced either way

Back