Technical 2012 Panda Pop rear disk conversion?

Currently reading:
Technical 2012 Panda Pop rear disk conversion?

If i'm honest.

going over to discs is just going to give you the rattly rear pads and pads that clunk when you go from forward to backard's.

unless your adding over 40bhp to the engine stick with the drums but just upgrade the pad material( no insurance issues) at the front or maybe go for vented discs.

Tim

Having cars with both set ups I can honestly say I wouldn't go there. You may gain a little with the foot brake and visuals, but you will loose out on a better hand brake. I have never had any issues with the drum brakes in performance terms and just think there may be other things that are affected by just fitting discs. Better to save up the money for a future car with the disc brakes you want than get involved in a project that could get pretty pricey for little real reward.

Any brake mods need to be insurance declared to avoid future issues arising at the worst time. i.e. after a claim.

One other issue is from past experience with the GP is the likelihood of the abs / esp pump is likely to be different as the amount of fluid moved by the system is going to be different between rear cylinders and rear calipers seem to recall several part numbers for the abs pump back then all GPS with rear discs had esp best finding a recent version of eper and cross checking part systems

Last edited:
Back