Technical 2012 Fiat Panda POP Blower Resistor

Currently reading:
Technical 2012 Fiat Panda POP Blower Resistor

Johnnyg78

Apologies as I know this has been asked before but I have just removed nearly every panel to try and locate the heater/blower resistor. I can see the fan and can see it open and close when turning to recirc but no where can I find the resistor.
This seems to be a fairly common Fiat problem surely I’m not the first!!!
Can someone please help me locate the resistor as the wife is talking about taking it to Fiat which no doubt I’ll end up paying for.

No idea where its located. Does the fan work on full speed? If not its doubtful its the resistor as it won't be in circuit at full speed.

It’s very intermittent can hear it struggle on 1-3 and fine in 4. Then won’t work on 1-3 at all but still works on 4. Sometimes it won’t work at all.

Hi.
If it is giving a fault on all speeds I'd be inclined to give the connections a thorough check and clean with contact cleaner, speed 4 is equivalent to a direct connection via the switch so in other words the resistor is bypassed. Although its possible the resistor is faulty I'd also check the switch and blower motor too, is the fuse properly seated in the fuse box?

Apologies as I know this has been asked before but I have just removed nearly every panel to try and locate the heater/blower resistor. I can see the fan and can see it open and close when turning to recirc but no where can I find the resistor.
This seems to be a fairly common Fiat problem surely I’m not the first!!!
Can someone please help me locate the resistor as the wife is talking about taking it to Fiat which no doubt I’ll end up paying for.
If you shine a torch up through where you can see the recirc opening and closing, you might spot it -- its a green package al little smaller than a matchbox and with rounded edges.

There's a photo here (older model, same heater so far as I know) https://www.fiatforum.com/panda/186580-heater-blower-only-working-setting-4-a.html?p=2011812

However, I believe (but am not 100% sure) that you reach it from under the bonnet. Remove the wiper arms, and the black plastic panels between the base of the windscreen and the back edge of the engine bay. Then, remove the wiper motor and the linkages connected to it (all comes out in one piece). Then you can see the hole that air goes through to get into the heater, and the resistor is in that opening.

Last edited:
Back