Panda silver.png

Panda 2012 FIAT Panda 1.2 Classic Typ 169.

Introduction

After selling the 2018 Abarth 595 Turismo, this is my new Runabout.

2012 Typ 169 FIAT Panda 1.2 Classic with at the time of the buy 39K on the clock.
That must be one of the last 169s off the line. They stopped making them in 2011.
they didn't stop building/sell them but were built/sold concurrently with the new model for another year
price reduced and renamed the classic

I suppose to let the Italian factory get up to speed and sell off surplus stock but this is an educated guess

Test fitting some 16 inch wheels.
FIAT Bravo steel wheel with Bravo wheel covers, in the size 7.0Jx16" ET31, and 215/40R16" tires. ;)

The Panda will get 30mm H&R lowering springs in due time, but for now lowered with Adobe Photoshop. :LOL:

Attachments

• 10937FBD-E58B-4415-9815-65C6777B20CC.jpeg
    10937FBD-E58B-4415-9815-65C6777B20CC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
It's up to you. If you want to, go for it.

There are some negatives I will point out a few, To stop it bottoming out the springs have to be stiffer. If its anything like my 2010 eco its already a fairly harsh ride

The front bumper will hit curbs if parking forwards. Only just clears most curbs as it is at standard height

Its pretty easy to hit the back of the CAT. I have broken one off and my current car as been damaged here from grounding out several times.

But at the end of the day its your car, don't let me put you off.

Wheels are a personal thing. I really like your originals. The punto look a bit more fussy. Not much between them for me but Edge slight towards the original. Although its only the covers

It's up to you. If you want to, go for it.

There are some negatives I will point out a few, To stop it bottoming out the springs have to be stiffer. If its anything like my 2010 eco its already a fairly harsh ride

The front bumper will hit curbs if parking forwards. Only just clears most curbs as it is at standard height

Its pretty easy to hit the back of the CAT. I have broken one off and my current car as been damaged here from grounding out several times.

But at the end of the day its your car, don't let me put you off.
The first Panda 169 i got, had also the same 16 inch Bravo wheels, only with 195/45R16" tires.
It was AP-Koni lowered, 30mm at the rear and 40mm at the front, never had any problems with curbs, speed bumps and so on.
The only possible problem, could be the wide 215 tires rubbing on the fender, at some situations.
But future will tell.

Putting the looks on one side, lowering the car has so many negatives it's hard to see the point.
This should not be the issue but try getting lowered springs with the same spring rate as the originals. You can't. Not to mention bump stops that can handle the additional abuse.

The 100HP 195-50-15 are as big as the car can handle. Even then you need steering stops to prevent the wheels hitting things on full lock. Wider wheels will screw up the steering especially as the tyres wear due to offset issues. Wider at the back will hit the bodywork.

Putting the looks on one side, lowering the car has so many negatives it's hard to see the point.
This should not be the issue but try getting lowered springs with the same spring rate as the originals. You can't. Not to mention bump stops that can handle the additional abuse.

The 100HP 195-50-15 are as big as the car can handle. Even then you need steering stops to prevent the wheels hitting things on full lock. Wider wheels will screw up the steering especially as the tyres wear due to offset issues. Wider at the back will hit the bodywork.
Yep, it didn't drive so good with the 215/40R16", now back on the standaard size 13 inch wheels with 175/70R13" Conti Winter tires. ;)
Soon i will change to 5.5Jx14" ET35 steel wheels with wielcovers and 175/65R14" Conti All-Weathers. ;)
Lowering will be done with 30mm H&R Springs.

The lowering springs will be rock hard so don't spend too much money. How about doing some research on air springs? Best of all worlds? Maybe?

Pepperpot steels painted silver (or white) with a small centre trim look good on the Panda in a classic Alfa Spyder sort of way. But painting steels does make some work. The cut metal edges have to be linished and smoothed or the paint will fail causing rust stains even (especially?) on powder coat. Doing a decent job with all those holes is quite a task.

Back