Technical 2012 Fiat 500 Boot Issues

Currently reading:
Technical 2012 Fiat 500 Boot Issues

LCARTER93

Morning All,

Came across this forum whilst trying to diagnose an issue with my girlfriends car

Her fiat 500 has got a problem with the boot, the handle on the boot doesn't work but if you use the button on the remote it opens first time.

Took the boot apart last night to see if it was just the handle not engaging the switch but it definitely is. I was just going to buy a new handle off ebay but when you go to close the boot it doesn't lock first time it takes 4+ goes before it engages the lock even though you can hear it doing something every time, would the two be interconnected or likely to be something other than the switch which is affecting both?

Tried google but cannot seem to see anything on the two problems at the same time

Thanks

Louis

Thanks I did look at this but I thought on the basis it would open using the remote unlock on the key it couldn't be this issue

Thanks I did look at this but I thought on the basis it would open using the remote unlock on the key it couldn't be this issue

Tailgate wiring issue every time! It’s a common fault on fiats! You need to squeeze and pull back the rubber hose I guarantee there will be a broken wire or 2 .. it’s fixable but time consuming

"when you go to close the boot it doesn't lock first time it takes 4+ goes before it engages the lock even though you can hear it doing something every time,"

You shouldn't hear it doing anything when closing the boot, it's a purely mechanical operation. A faulty microswitch could be triggering the solenoid on impact.

Finally got around to fixing the boot which turned out to be the damaged wiring loom. Everything that's been reconnected is working but the boot still doesn't open and when I try locking with the key the hazards flash about 10 times and it doesn't lock, anybody experience something similar?

Back