General 2011 ducato 2.3 multijet - no injector pulse

Currently reading:
General 2011 ducato 2.3 multijet - no injector pulse

Bartek

Hi
The engine ran well. The next morning it didnt start.
Here are no errors in the ecu, the starter works, the pressure on the rail proper, air flow also.
Camshaft sensor checked with oscilloscope, looks good.
I tried to ignite from another key, did not help.
Anyone had a similar case?
Where can I find any connection that feeds the injectors?

Is the key being recognised? Does the code warning light (padlock symbol), illuminate and then go out before tuning key to the start position?

Can you use test probes to measure signal at injectors using your oscilloscope?
I would have suggested a leak off test at the injector returns , however if your rail pressure is good that should eliminate that from possible causes.

Yes I read Signal by the scope.
I clean and grease ground points under the right headlight.
After few second cranking car starts. Warm engine starts fine. Cold need a few time cranking to start. I suspect the crank sensor but I don't know where it is. And timing chain can be worn - noises

Yes I read Signal by the scope.
I clean and grease ground points under the right headlight.
After few second cranking car starts. Warm engine starts fine. Cold need a few time cranking to start. I suspect the crank sensor but I don't know where it is. And timing chain can be worn - noises
I was more familiar with the 2.8 Sofim engines in Iveco Daily, but I believe there is a Iveco 2.3 Sofim PDF on this Forum somewhere, that will give you more information on that engine re sensor location, though remember where relevant Daily is RWD;)

I am not familiar with either the 2.3 Multijet or the 2.3jtd, but I expect that they are similar. I have attached a diagram of the sensor locations for the 2.3jtd. I hope that this will do.
The description for the 2.3jtd mentions using the camchaft sensor to determine the stroke, and the crankshaft sensor to determine the angular position. If the engine runs OK once started, I cannot understand why the crank sensor is suspect,

Attachments

• 2.3jtd Sensors.pdf
    225.2 KB · Views: 71
Back