Technical 2010 Scudo 1.6 multijet non-start...

Currently reading:
Technical 2010 Scudo 1.6 multijet non-start...

HiNtZ

Hey all, just a post to see if anyone can put my mind at rest as to what's wrong with this Scudo. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Basically we have a 2010 Scudo 90 van, 1.6 multijet. Below I will list what I have experienced so far.

The pump is turning fuel over into the return fine, no air in fuel, the fuel IS moving around.

A relay inside the under bonnet fuse box goes absolutely nuts sometimes (its the one in the bottom right under the plastic grill of the box, a white one near a 20A fuse).

Said relay stops making this buzzing noise the minute I unplug the pump pressure valve/regulator/solenoid.

On the multimeter the resistance of the solenoid/valve unplugged is 3.3ohm but a technical data sheet for this sensor said it should be 2.9ohm.... is 0.4ohm going to make this happen?

There is power at the plug from the ECU (around 3.3v) when ignition is on, and 0v when off so am assuming the wires are not the problem (also checked by eye for chaffing/severing)

Finally, I went to Citroen (I know, I know!!) to see if they could match up the under bonnet fuse box Delphi S/N to something off their shelf. They managed to cross reference it, but it had 2 extra fuses and my electric windows didn't work - however, with that wrong fusebox in the pump pressure valve started to buzz/hum as if it was struggling to energise.

Obviously everything is leading me to believe it is that poxy solenoid on the pump that's just weaning off the pressurised diesel back to the tank because it's not operating correctly, but at £80 for the sensor I need a bit more reassurance, perhaps from someone here who had the same problem?

Also had generic OBD codes of P0001 and P0003 which points to "fuel volume regulator circuit low/open".

Further info: It has a CP1H3 Bosch pump on it, and the P/N for the actuator/valve/solenoid is 0 928 400 697 (Bosch again).

Would really really appreciate it if anyone has one knocking about that is known working that they can test resistance on? I'm not at all electronically minded so perhaps doing this is futile....

Cheers

Back