General 2009 Mizar motorhome

Currently reading:
General 2009 Mizar motorhome

Barbel13

Hi all
Just bought a 2009 Fiat Ducato Mizar gtl living motorhome.
Can anyone tell me what utility item is next to the bottom bunk?
When the cover is removed the fitting is metal and blue in colour,maybe either outside bbq point of shower connector.

Hi all
Just bought a 2009 Fiat Ducato Mizar gtl living motorhome.
Can anyone tell me what utility item is next to the bottom bunk?
When the cover is removed the fitting is metal and blue in colour,maybe either outside bbq point of shower connector.
Unless it's a three pin 240 volt hook up point for on site, show us a photo.

Hi
Many thanks for relying on this matter.
Here are a few photos of the unit in question.

Attachments

• 3EC289BD-165E-40F4-B5E3-55C51324C7DD.jpeg
    3EC289BD-165E-40F4-B5E3-55C51324C7DD.jpeg
    830.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 90175BF1-1088-4AD2-AAED-454A4001E865.jpeg
    90175BF1-1088-4AD2-AAED-454A4001E865.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
  • 6376251C-7C4B-46BE-80DE-8A04F67E4D5D.jpeg
    6376251C-7C4B-46BE-80DE-8A04F67E4D5D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
Hi
Many thanks for relying on this matter.
Here are a few photos of the unit in question.
It's not what I was thinking, you are probably right in it being a cold water connector, is there a spare hose in the van with that connector on it?
I have left a message with a friend of mine who has had much more motorhome knowledge than me. He is a late riser though.

Hi again
I think I have identified it.
Make is Riech being shower fitting?
Friend got back to me, like you he thinks a shower type fitting. One of his previous campers was a Cherokee Sun Voyager and being American they have a "City Water Connection" but it appears different to your fitting. Is it worth asking previous owner about the missing hose?

Its a bit of an odd place to have a spare shower connector, I've seen external water connectors for an outside shower connection (for hosing down dogs, surfboards, diving gear etc).

My first thought was a drain down point for winterisation and 2nd thought was a connector for a fridge that has a water dispenser (but I've only seen that sort of fridge on the big american campers).

I think the description of it being near the bunk is misleading you.

It's not uncommon to have such an external shower connection in the "garage" of a motorhome.

In the (appropriate version of) the Mizar, the bunk(s) do double-duty with the garage space, and, if the item in question is that that appears in white in the picture, it is undoubtedly an external shower point.

Mizar.JPG

Ah that makes much more sense. I've seen the connectors in garages and exterior lockers.

The Mizars seem to have a nice layout. The bunk beds seem a better use of space. The swift lifestyle ticked most of our boxes, but we miss the L shape lounge of a previous van. We travel with 2 cats as well as the dog, so needed a sealed rear garage. We fitted a cat flap and have a boxed area for the litter tray in the garage.

Last edited:
Back