General 2008 Ducato Front Bumper Removal

Currently reading:
General 2008 Ducato Front Bumper Removal

Hi there. I wonder if anyone could point me to a guide for removing the front bumper from a 2008 Ducato Camper? Im hoping to have it painted and it’s too big to get in the painters garage.
Thanks

I am presuming you mean the Silver (as in picture) panel on the front of the van.
If yes, then they are fixed on with 'Torx' bolts. My kit says '10', size to remove.
There are four bolts on the top of the panel, two near the bottom front of the panel, and four
along the bottom underside of the panel.
There is a very good chance the bottom row of bolts have rusted up, so plenty of WD-40 before
you try to remove them, same might apply to the other bolts, so be careful trying to take
them out.
I seem to remember there are also some clips somewhere which need a good pull to disengage.
Also when off the van, the top and bottom panels seperate so you are left with the silver part
and the black lower grill.
I replaced the silver panel a few years ago and think I got the replacement from Coastal Motorhomes
but fading memory so could be wrong.

Attachments

• IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0311.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 58
I am presuming you mean the Silver (as in picture) panel on the front of the van.
If yes, then they are fixed on with 'Torx' bolts. My kit says '10', size to remove.
There are four bolts on the top of the panel, two near the bottom front of the panel, and four
along the bottom underside of the panel.
There is a very good chance the bottom row of bolts have rusted up, so plenty of WD-40 before
you try to remove them, same might apply to the other bolts, so be careful trying to take
them out.
I seem to remember there are also some clips somewhere which need a good pull to disengage.
Also when off the van, the top and bottom panels seperate so you are left with the silver part
and the black lower grill.
I replaced the silver panel a few years ago and think I got the replacement from Coastal Motorhomes
but fading memory so could be wrong.
Hi @gm6vxb. Thanks for the info.much appreciated. I’m hoping to attempt it at some point today weather permitting. It’s the big grey/black bumper at the bottom I’m looking to remove to have painted. Hoping to freshen up the look of the van n get it done white. I’ll let you know how I get on. Thanks again

Attachments

• EF7AD487-517B-4D10-8FD4-6E4AAABA9510.png
    EF7AD487-517B-4D10-8FD4-6E4AAABA9510.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 54
As previously stated torx, they are clipped in to the corner mouldings as well, just as a tip it is easier to remove the bottom screws first as from first hand experience removing the top the whole thing flops over! 😉

Back