Technical 2008 1200cc 4x4 Engine Light

Currently reading:
Technical 2008 1200cc 4x4 Engine Light

majordude

Hello....had car since new. Recently engine light came on. Seems intermittent. But after a while when engine light appears it goes into dreaded limp mode. Fault code showed a faulty throttle body, had it removed and sent away for fixing. Report stated nothing wrong with it. Light still coming on. Sometimes intermittently sometimes for longer periods. I had the wiring checked for faults, none found {but that doesn't necessarily mean there isn't a loom fault}. Car runs fine with engine light on except for dreaded limp mode cutting in. Getting very frustrated with this costing more and more money and getting nowhere, and I would really appreciate comments, suggestions ideas if you have had to deal with this problem. Thanks so much.

Sorry to hear you are having problems

P1122 I believe

Voltage sweep test would be my first check

3 wires

Ground
5V reverence
Signal

The normal 1.1 and 1.2 are a straight swap loads of throttle bodies on eBay

But normally the 4x4 are unique and very rare

The most used part is the first part of the potentiometer to fail so close to idle

Also check the ground and 5V are stable try moving the cables slightly near the sensor and at the ECU don’t go mad though

It maybe possible to replace just the potentiometer cheaply if this is where the fault lies. There’s a video of someone changing one with a jubilee clamp and screwdriver. I will dig it out if needed

Bonjour
vérifiez que le papillon es pas sale ou un point dur
J'ai eu ce soucis sur Ford ou il y avait un micro point dur à cause de la saleté et le papillon revenai pas à "zéro " et cela la mettais en erreur de temps en temps....

Bonjour
vérifiez que le papillon es pas sale ou un point dur
J'ai eu ce soucis sur Ford ou il y avait un micro point dur à cause de la saleté et le papillon revenai pas à "zéro " et cela la mettais en erreur de temps en temps....
Translation

Hello
check that the butterfly is not dirty or a hard point
I had this problem on Ford where there was a micro hard point because of dirt and the throttle did not return to "zero" and that put it in error from time to time....

Back