6042backpunto.jpg

Punto (Mk1) My new punto... standard...

Introduction

After the 'incident'... i have bought a new (to me) punto...

Punto 60S Team 55000 miles

£1200

6042backpunto.jpg

6042sidepunto.jpg
miracle system would pull that out no worrys, most bodyshops will be inclined to put a new rear quarter on though. you probably are looking at about 700 quid or so though adam. would love to help you out fella but just crashed the 106 gti myself so bit fubared. gl with it tho dude!

that would repair all day long that get some quotes from decent garages couple of hundred quid to repair imo at the most otherwise you may aswell pull you pants back up as you will have been f***ed!!!

a quick pin pull and a fettle with a plenashing hammer, bit of filler job done. probably have to blend into the rear bumper and front door for colour match.

sy

Spent today painting bumper rubstrips

DSCF1678fpp.jpg

DSCF1685fpp.jpg

Next is to colour code the splitter and washer jets, and also the side rubstrips...

Attachments

• DSCF1678fpp.jpg
    DSCF1678fpp.jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCF1685fpp.jpg
    DSCF1685fpp.jpg
    468 KB · Views: 32
imo looks much better.

i recon you should debadge :) but it looks a lot nicer with painted rubstrips.

ignore beau ;)

very nice mate, all id do now is maybe black badges on the back, paint side rubstrip, maybe get black/original sideskirts and leave the splitters black as imo you dont want to go too colourcoded or itll look like youve just taped up the windows and blown over the whole car with a respray..

very nice mate, all id do now is maybe black badges on the back, paint side rubstrip, maybe get black/original sideskirts and leave the splitters black as imo you dont want to go too colourcoded or itll look like youve just taped up the windows and blown over the whole car with a respray..

except for all the stonechips and scratches... hehe

well it could have been sprayed a while back! :p i just think the car is so much better than when i first saw it and you could do too much CCing, it looks just right as is with the sidestrips CCd.

when you pain the bumper rubbing stripes on mk1s it looks like you had black bumpers and painted them to match but couldn't be arsed to mask off the rubbing strip looks much better when they look like they were made like that even thou they were

I personally think it looks better with them black unless of course you remove the side rubbing stripes in which case it might work well

Looking good as always adam (y)

(The car that is:p ) I likethe shop of what its to look like, i'd leave all the washers black, but the rest of he colour coding is spot on (y) Not sure what i'd do with the side strips though, your car suits them, but they look strange in black now, id try and colour code them personally. Might be a pain but would be worth it Imo

Stil one of the nicest mk'1's on the forum. Didn't you have a smash not too long back?

Jordan

Back