Punto (Mk2/2b) 2007 Phase 1 complete

General Information

Spent today painting bumper rubstrips

DSCF1678fpp.jpg

DSCF1685fpp.jpg

Next is to colour code the splitter and washer jets, and also the side rubstrips...

Jamie

put a towel on it
imo looks much better.

i recon you should debadge :) but it looks a lot nicer with painted rubstrips.

ignore beau ;)

fiatdownunder

leave your washer jets for the headlamps black! looks much betetr with something to break up the colour! (y)

CinqyAbarth

Drives A Red Cinq Abarth
very nice mate, all id do now is maybe black badges on the back, paint side rubstrip, maybe get black/original sideskirts and leave the splitters black as imo you dont want to go too colourcoded or itll look like youve just taped up the windows and blown over the whole car with a respray..

OP
OP
CinquePunto

CinquePunto

^^^Joker
very nice mate, all id do now is maybe black badges on the back, paint side rubstrip, maybe get black/original sideskirts and leave the splitters black as imo you dont want to go too colourcoded or itll look like youve just taped up the windows and blown over the whole car with a respray..

except for all the stonechips and scratches... hehe

CinqyAbarth

Drives A Red Cinq Abarth
well it could have been sprayed a while back! :p i just think the car is so much better than when i first saw it and you could do too much CCing, it looks just right as is with the sidestrips CCd.

The Sultan

Bravo 1.8 HLX FTW
when you pain the bumper rubbing stripes on mk1s it looks like you had black bumpers and painted them to match but couldn't be arsed to mask off the rubbing strip looks much better when they look like they were made like that even thou they were

I personally think it looks better with them black unless of course you remove the side rubbing stripes in which case it might work well

Looking good as always adam (y)

(The car that is:p ) I likethe shop of what its to look like, i'd leave all the washers black, but the rest of he colour coding is spot on (y) Not sure what i'd do with the side strips though, your car suits them, but they look strange in black now, id try and colour code them personally. Might be a pain but would be worth it Imo

Stil one of the nicest mk'1's on the forum. Didn't you have a smash not too long back?

Jordan

OP
OP
CinquePunto

CinquePunto

^^^Joker
Looking good as always adam (y)

(The car that is:p ) I likethe shop of what its to look like, i'd leave all the washers black, but the rest of he colour coding is spot on (y) Not sure what i'd do with the side strips though, your car suits them, but they look strange in black now, id try and colour code them personally. Might be a pain but would be worth it Imo

Stil one of the nicest mk'1's on the forum. Didn't you have a smash not too long back?

Jordan

Cheers mate, means a lot

Yeah, someone used my car as a crash barrier a couple of months back and still waiting for repairs... Insurance as ever being speedy