Technical 2006 stilo jtd sporting turbo not working

Currently reading:
Technical 2006 stilo jtd sporting turbo not working

Hi all I have the Above car and problem.
At first it was the intercooler pipe had a hole in it and then the turbo stoped working.
Then we checked the map sensor which was all clogged up so it was cleaned and then it was over boosting because the sensor was broken so got a new one and the turbo doesn't boost.
Then tried a new maf sensor but the same problem.
I had a new fuse box fitted because some fuses and parts was corroded but the turbo is still not working.
The failure code is saying it a pressure problem but we have tried all.
The turbo will kick In On idle
Anyone have any ideas the next thing we are looking at is the engine ecu but I don't want to buy one if it's not the problem (400-600 from fiat)
Any help would be great. Cheers

Have you checked the Turbo Boost Valve?(presuming there is one on the 150 sporting)

Edit.
There is, item 2 in the diagram.

Attachments

• 1111.jpg
    1111.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 2222.jpg
    2222.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I'd check all the ducting and pipe work that connects to the turbo and like Shadeyman said, the Turbo Boost Valve controls the variable geometry fins, check the component and the pipes that connect to it.

I recently read all through an old, long thread and someone eventually found a wad of tissue blocking the pipe to the intercooler and that was the cause of his car always going into limp home mode.

We will be trying the turbo boost valve this week. And its a food shout to stip it down and have a see and clean.
Cheers

Hi all I still have the same problem with my turbo not working. I have now tried the boost turbo valve and got the erg valve cleaned with a blanking plate.
So far I have replaced the maf, map, turbo boost valves and it's been striped and cleaned.
Does anyone have any ideas because this is doing my head in

Regards all

Have you checked your Intercooler piping/hoses & all the vacuum pipes that connect to that little box and to the turbo?

You listed a lot of components you've changed, but not mentioned the pipe work connecting them.

At the beginning there was a hole which caused all these problems but it's been patched with some special silicone stuff my mechanic uses but he has checked all the pipes and there seems to be no other holes /problems.

Back