2006 BMW M5 Distroyed

Currently reading:
2006 BMW M5 Distroyed

Steve said:
My comment was firmly tongue in cheek Liam. :)

No worries Steve, I adore BM's <adorns flameprof suit> and the E60 M5 is technical excellence for BMW and not forgetting a great all rounder for a relatively cheap price for what your getting.

Liam

One of the governors of uni here as one, got to have a sit in it, bloody gorgeus, heard it howl around the spot a bit aswell (he has HUD aswell!).

I don't see what you are complaining about a modern car (such as new M5) being bad in an accident, you either have a strong as hell car and are held into it with a 5point harness (nearly triples the ferosity of crash you can survive without your brain getting severed from spinal cord), OR you have a strong occupant cabin and a mushy bodyshell that rolls up into a nice big M5 shaped sausage roll.

If you bought it for £15,000 it would cost you another £20,000 to get that engine in any other car (you won't get it into a std 5series as they are near totally different front rails and shell) thats just for wiring harness;s and ancillaries (which look all squashed). not to mention that mega bucks exhaust.

Must be an absolute arse to crash one mind, they practically brake for you!

It sounds like another case of TOO much money combined with VERY small driving skills.
Such a briliant car from an engineering stand point.

Back