Technical 2005 Punto 1.2 dynamic

Currently reading:
Technical 2005 Punto 1.2 dynamic

hilary1077

Hi just changed from my trusty 98 Punto 60S to a 2005 Punto 1.2 dynamic, I noticed what sounds like a slight blow on the exhaust but when i mentioned this to the sales guy he said that the exhaust has a small hole in to stop condensation..............This is a Fiat dealer but just sounds a bit strange anyone else ever heard of this?

He's right,there is a small drain hole on backbox if you look underneath the car.

Make sure there isn't a 'blow' at the bottom of the flexi-downpipe as comon there.

Welcome to the FF by the way:wave:

OP
OP
H

hilary1077

Cheers! where exactly is the hole as couldnt see anything which is why I thought it was a blow

At the back box (big bit at end of exhaust) if you look under car from the drivers side door (or rear if 5 door) & look to back of car towards backbox you will see a small hole in the back box.

Its normal,I got one & your not first to ask about this.

StevenRB45

Upstanding Member for Newcastle
All mark 2s sound like the exhaust is blowing.....its a design feature...one of the many that made me decide to stay with mark 1s

NumanR

Lots of manufacturers fit drain holes, alot of fast fits try and sell a back box as patterns dont normally have them.