Technical 2004 Panda Dynamic 1.2 Door Lock??

Currently reading:
Technical 2004 Panda Dynamic 1.2 Door Lock??

xciscosys

Hi All,

Title says it all really, some nice gentleman or gentlewoman (i'm not sexist you see) has smashed my drivers side door lock in. No damage to paintwork, central locking seems to work from the inside so the mechanism isn't damaged, just a buggered barrel.

Anyone know where i can get a single door lock barrel for said 2004 Panda Hatchback Dynamic?

Garage quoted me £350 for brand new set and started going on about having Fiat using some fancy computer to reconfigure the electrics. I am skeptical that there is any electrics involved that need calibrating in a basic central locking system as i dont have any remote locking or anything anywhere near as fancy..

Not bothered about having separate keys for ignition and door will be grateful i will not have to climb in and out through the boot every time to lock and unlock my car! Fiat didn't seem to think a passenger side lock was worthwhile.

Anyway a very long post for a a short question. Where can i get said barrel? All i seem to get off a search engine are these spare finding shams. :bang:

I'm pretty sure the barrel hasn't been pushed back as the key goes in as normal, face plate on the lock is destroyed. Will take a picture when i get back later and post.

Very poor picture attached. First ever picture i've taken with my blackberry pearl after nearly 18 months of ownership. I knew it was bad but didnt think it would be anywhere near that bad!

I don't think that angle shows very much, will take the door apart and get some pictures of the barrel etc up this weekend.

.... Unless someone with a similar previous experience can diagnose from that shocking picture?

Cheers,
Tim

Attachments

• IMG00037.jpg
    IMG00037.jpg
    341.4 KB · Views: 20
Back