General 2003 mulitpla 1.6 will not start

Currently reading:
General 2003 mulitpla 1.6 will not start

loulou79

hi all i have a 1.6 multipla 97k on clock full service history
it started to cut out now and then @ traffic lights or junctions but always started strate back up done this about 6 times then i got in it to do the school run and it started to rev its self from idle up to 5k so i turnd it off the red battery teminal was lose so i done it up nice and tight and car stared ok was fine for 2 day's then i went out in it poped in the shop came out it started ok not probs went bout 200 yards down road round corner and it died on me now got it home and will not start at all and being a woman i have not got a clue where to start looking please help

Could be a faulty crank sensor, not too familiar with the petrol engine version.

Symptoms sound right, Pete123 will be along shortly, he's definitely more familiar with 1.6 issues.

Could be a faulty crank sensor, not too familiar with the petrol engine version.

Symptoms sound right, Pete123 will be along shortly, he's definitely more familiar with 1.6 issues.

Sounds about right that's the first place to start I it's not that then your coil pack has packed up completely but I doubt it would be that

ok thanks do you know where the crankshaft sensor is please so i can change it im not paying a garage 45ph if i can do it my self thanks

Easy to do lay on the floor get under the car it's on ur right at bottom of the crank wheel u won't miss it.. That's d/s front by rad

Yeah that's the one looks like half a match both at the bottom of belt if u can't find it ill post a pic

Last edited:
ok iv got under midle of car looked to my right drivers side there's a wire comeing out from where all the cog's are thats round 1 end then it go's round the engine into another wier that has like a flatish rectangle clip that clips into anther wire but dnt know where that go's do i need both bits or just the 1 that comes out by the cog's??

o yer will it be in side ( out side i would say where wheel is inside towards midle of car engine

ive done it put new 1 on but u aint going to beleave this the battery is flat so its on charge till morning so ill let you know about mid day thank you for all your help pete

Did u position the crank sensor right u should be able to squeeze a 5p in there just

hello pete yer done that got some one round to look and it was the fule pump was stuck so frred it and car runing ok put on old crank sensor and still running lol bujt thank you ever so much for alll your help loulou79 xxxx

Back