Technical 2003 1.1 Panda difference in dashboard mileage and ECU mileage

Currently reading:
Technical 2003 1.1 Panda difference in dashboard mileage and ECU mileage

zoltanpapp82

Hi,

I noticed last weekend a very inconvenient issue with my 2003 1.1 petrol Panda (Mk3). I checked the car for DTC-s just for fun, and noticed that the ECU odometer says 180000 km+ while the dashboard barely reaches 140000 km. When I purchased it (2015) there was also like 8..10k difference, but I did not bother with it, as it was not painful and was out of interest. In Hungary it is a "national sport" to "tweak" the mileage in used cars, especially when sold through/by dealers.
Now it seems that the difference might not be a tweak but some fault. Could you tell me where the dashboard and where the ECU mileage is coming from and how it is calculated? I'm about to sell the car, so cannot make it unhappened, but would like to understand and see the rootcause.

Similar thread found with Punto, but says the opposit I encountered.

Thank you,
Zoltan

the ECU and Body computer rarely match this is normal

they are calculated independently

I have no idea from where, I doubt its documented, there's probably a lot of guess work on the internet.

If you drive 1000 miles and the car shows 1000 miles increase on the odometer everything is as good as far as you can check

if you drive 1000 miles and the car shows 750 miles there probably a devise left wired in that cheats the odometer.

Back