Technical 2002 scudo 2.0 jtd 16v

Currently reading:
Technical 2002 scudo 2.0 jtd 16v

Drizzlemusic

Hi
New to the forum and first post
Does anyone know which of the 3 vacuum solenoid valves is the turbo actuator one?
I have a fault code for it that's all
Thanks

Easiest way is to follow the vacuum pipe.
There is a vacuum diaphragm on n/s of cylinder head that operates the inlet manifold flaps, I've seen these break before.

Easiest way is to follow the vacuum pipe.
There is a vacuum diaphragm on n/s of cylinder head that operates the inlet manifold flaps, I've seen these break before.

Is this the egr to the right of the inlet IMG_1109.JPG

Those 16v jtd were a nightmare to work on, no room at all.!
You ain't wrong
Turns out the vacuum on side of the engine has broke
How the heck do I remove it?
It's fixed-to a bracket that has a bolt going into block but you can't get a socket on the block
Also has oil filler and dipstick connected to it

Can't remember exactly how to remove it but you need to check that the rod mechanism that the plastic vacuum diaphragm united connects to moves free. You might need to use some sort of cleaner that you spray into the air intake while the engine is running to help free the intake flaps. They can get covered in heavy oily/carbon deposits.

Can't remember exactly how to remove it but you need to check that the rod mechanism that the plastic vacuum diaphragm united connects to moves free. You might need to use some sort of cleaner that you spray into the air intake while the engine is running to help free the intake flaps. They can get covered in heavy oily/carbon deposits.

Ok mate
I've jiggered the lever that the plastic vacuum operates and it seems to be free
If that moves I guess the flaps are moving no?
I'm hoping this will transform my scudo into a race car...
Other than that and the fact my heater motor has decided to run constantly it should be all good!!

Sounds like your on top of the job now, if the rod moves free I'd assume the flaps are free, should make a huge difference when that works correctly. I think it's the heat that makes the plastic brittle.
Another thing you could check that I used to see a lot was the throttle cable adjustment, look under the o/s of the scuttle trim for the throttle potentiometer. Get someone to press the throttle pedal down while you check the a adjustment. Most that I checked weren't getting full throttle.

Back