General 2002 Fiat Punto Dead Battery.

Currently reading:
General 2002 Fiat Punto Dead Battery.

naz85

Morning guys.

The car wont start today due to cold conditions and a rubbish battery.

I currently have an amp running off the battery so this helps to drain. Could any one suggest a good battery at a decent price to replace with?

Also it would be great if anyone could let me know what the standard battery is in the Punto (2002)

Thanks

A new battery for a Punto from Halfords is a whopping £80. :eek:
Be careful when buying one as there's 2 kinds, one is a rectangle shape and one is square. Check which shape your current battery is before buying. (y)

Try Europarts mate. My mate bought one on sat and he went for a posh bosch one for about £47.00 I belive but they do a slightly cheaper exide (still good make though) one for about £40.00.

I sound like a rep but have a look at their oils as well if you can, just bought a real nice Carlube triple R 5W/30 semi synth for my Dads car and i think it was about £16.00 for 5 litres :)

Thanks guys for your help. I had a look at the fiat battery and compared to what's on the market, its pretty weak. Will get a new battery this weekend.

If you are running a fat amplifier you might want to fit a split charge regulator and deep discharge battery (that's as well as the new starter battery).

Back