Technical 2001 Ducato based Motorhome Gearbox rebuild

Currently reading:
Technical 2001 Ducato based Motorhome Gearbox rebuild

Woodbeck

I am in the process of striping the gearbox in my 2.8 Hdi based camper and would be grateful if anyone can supply me with the torque setting for all the nuts and bolts on reassembly. Third gear crunches once the box is warm so I'm expecting to find a worn syncro ring, on first glance all the gearwheels look to be in good condition, which is what I would expect for a vehicle that has only covered 67,000 miles. Any help gratefully appreciated.

I am in the process of striping the gearbox in my 2.8 Hdi based camper and would be grateful if anyone can supply me with the torque setting for all the nuts and bolts on reassembly. Third gear crunches once the box is warm so I'm expecting to find a worn syncro ring, on first glance all the gearwheels look to be in good condition, which is what I would expect for a vehicle that has only covered 67,000 miles. Any help gratefully appreciated.

Hmmm , now here could be a problem . Torque settings are a real issue with the Duke , as no actual manual exists . The very best advice i can offer , is for you to source a copy of , Peter Russek's pocket mechanic book/manual , for a Citroen relay / Peugeot boxer / Fiat ducato . They are in no way complete , but do cover at least some gearbox torques . Be very careful to choose the correct one , and i would suggest , from 1994 , 2.5/2.8 litre diesel copy . Mine covers the sofim engine 94-01 Relay and Boxer hdi engines . I have a Ducato 2.8 idtd sofim engine . This particular engine did actually have the earlier 2.5litre gearbox fitted , with basically a bolt on 5th gear which is prone to failure , but at some point a later version was also fitted . However both gearboxes are covered with in these pages .

The book identification number is , ISBN 1-898780-94-3 , and a web site is listed as , www.russek-manuals.co.uk

I believe i have a Bristol telephone number if needed , but i did find my copy on ebay about 4 years ago .

Thanks for that information, I'll try and pickup one of those. I've not touched the van for a couple of days as I've been sorting a problem with my car, happily now resolved.

Back