General 2 questions with relation to a cinq

Currently reading:
General 2 questions with relation to a cinq

minimaniac

I have a cinq 900cc soliel as my second car. but it gets more use than my punto 2litre turbo, so therefore gets driven hard fairly often.

its a great lil runner but over the past few months the clutch has become like a paddle clutch from a stand still. Is this the clutch on its way out (32k genuine mileage on the car) or is the clutch cable just naffed? Is the clutch cable an easy fix?

Just thinking, does anyone know of a punto gt conversion into a cinq, thinking 170-200brake in a cinq would be spunktastic.

oops thats more than 2 questions, my bad.

Last edited:
its a great lil runner but over the past few months the clutch has become liek a pddle clutch from a stand still. Is this the clutch on its way out (32k genuine mileage on the car) or is the clutch cable just naffed? Is the clutch cable an easy fix?

Could be the clutch cable protesting - fiddly to change if you've not done it before but fairly straightforward.

Just thinking, does anyone know of a punto gt conversion into a cinq, thinking 170-200brake in a cinq would be spunktastic.

It's been asked loads of times before - it's in the FAQ :) The GT lump is a heavy thing though so don't expect it to handle very well.

Back