2, 2 channel amps

Currently reading:
2, 2 channel amps

psychofox

Legend
Hi Guys,

I have the door pods, i have the speakers (will have grill next week).

Current set up is as follows:
Head unit amping the dash speakers and rear, 1 amp for the sub.
If i get another 2 chanel amp for these new speakers, will i get a masive drain on the battery?

What amp would go well with them? (speakers are Pioneer TS-G1709 170w, 35w nominal power, impedance 4 OHMS)

Thanks guys.

Hi Guys,

I have the door pods, i have the speakers (will have grill next week).

Current set up is as follows:
Head unit amping the dash speakers and rear, 1 amp for the sub.
If i get another 2 chanel amp for these new speakers, will i get a masive drain on the battery?

What amp would go well with them? (speakers are Pioneer TS-G1709 170w, 35w nominal power, impedance 4 OHMS)

Thanks guys.

The standard battery should be fine - just don't play your system for a long time with the ignition off.

Most 2 channel amps will be beefy enough to run a pair of 35W RMS speakers :) Just get a decent brand and that you like the sound of :) How much you got to spend?

The standard battery should be fine - just don't play your system for a long time with the ignition off.

Most 2 channel amps will be beefy enough to run a pair of 35W RMS speakers :) Just get a decent brand and that you like the sound of :) How much you got to spend?

Price wise, not a lot, just want a descent one.
Will i be able to piggy back all the wires off of the old amp?

Price wise, not a lot, just want a descent one.
Will i be able to piggy back all the wires off of the old amp?

The power and earth cables should not be piggy backed. The remote cable will be fine daisy chained. Depending on what amp you've got now, you might have a through RCA output on the amp if you don't have an available RCA output on the HU. If not, you'll have to use RCA splitters.

cool, so power as normal, earth as normal. RCA via splitters, remote cable daisy chained.

Just need the amp now. lol.

I have a two channel Rockford Fosgate Amp for sale if you are still in the market.
Am selling with a full wireing kit also (excluding remote cable).
Got it it the classifieds for £50 if your interested.

The standard battery should be fine - just don't play your system for a long time with the ignition off.quote]

Buy a Power Cap/Capacitor... there great..
i have one fitted and u can lift ur boot & blast tunes out for hours...
the engine powers the power cap & it holds the batterys charge so when ur car engine is off, the power cap runs the amp. (y)

[QUOTE
Buy a Power Cap/Capacitor... there great..
i have one fitted and u can lift ur boot & blast tunes out for hours...
the engine powers the power cap & it holds the batterys charge so when ur car engine is off, the power cap runs the amp. (y)[/QUOTE]

I dont think thats right im pretty sure that a power cap is only effeciant for the period that the LED display is on. After that the surge will get less and less very quickly. I will try to find a couple of multi meters to see if the battery and cap have different voltages this should prove either way.

Power caps are not batteries. They are a leech on the power supply - if you have a power supply problem a cap WILL NOT solve it.

Look at the loudest vehicles in the world and see how many have power caps.

Power caps are not batteries. They are a leech on the power supply - if you have a power supply problem a cap WILL NOT solve it.

Look at the loudest vehicles in the world and see how many have power caps.

Much better put than my last comment Chaos.
But they do look nice tho, and they theoretically do actually do their job but i think if the calculations are done then you would need 1 Farad of Capacitance (however its spelt) to every 40 watts RMS so if you take for example 1 amp giving 750W you would need a power cap of 19 Farad's of which the largest of standard alternators could not sustain.

Last edited:
Back