General 2.0 20v ReMap - Power increase?

Currently reading:
General 2.0 20v ReMap - Power increase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wondered what BHP the marea would be looking to with a remap on it, i also noticed the marea turbos are only 180BHP, seems a little low? i took a guess that the remap on the N/A would probably make it about that?

Cheers,
Ryan Edge

Would they be the Marea 2.0 20v turbo's in Brazil? If so they run on rubbish petrol (alcohol) which gives them less power. A 20v turbo should get the same power as a coupe which is around 220bhp.

Not sure what can be done with a NA 2.0 20v though.

Hellcat said:
Would they be the Marea 2.0 20v turbo's in Brazil? If so they run on rubbish petrol (alcohol) which gives them less power. A 20v turbo should get the same power as a coupe which is around 220bhp.

Not sure what can be done with a NA 2.0 20v though.

ohhh that must be really poor fuel, i'm probably going to be moving out to cyprus in 5 years or so and i will be taking my car, if its the mare it will be running 102 RON :yum:

I wouldn't have thought you could gain more than 10bhp absolute maximum with a chip.

Maybe better to settle on a panel filter or good induction kit (i.e. not a hat on the end of the mass air flow meter) and a zorst.

Yep. No point chipping a non-turbo car, unless you get something like a bluefin. I'm not sure if these are available for your cars. If you chip a non turbo 2.0. Maximum gain should roughly be 8-12bhp. You'll definately notice some positive affects, and some negative affects i.e. Petrol Consumption. You could spend roughly £300-400 on chipping a car which is really just not worth it. The marea is a family saloon. It's not meant to be fast!

Oh sorry then. I was clearly mistaken about an estate being a family car. Good luck chipping your convertible! :rolleyes:

According to Super Chips site http://www.superchips.co.uk/appslist.php they claim a gain of 10bhp on a Bravo/a 2L (including 20V) and 12bhp on a Coupe 20V non turbo for £293.75.

the one thing i woudl say about chipped cars is often teh gains may not amount to much bhp or torque but often the car feels a lot nicer to drive removing flat spots and such and giving a quicker pick up and in some instances an improvment in fuel economy.

HTH,

Aaron.

Hellcat said:
A focus is a family car - doesn't stop people using them as rally cars. BTCC and WTCC are basically family cars. Just because they are quick, doesn't make them slow. You been in a 2.0 20v marea or weekend?

A Ford Focus is a hatch. I wouldnt go as far as calling it a family saloon!

Snoopie said:
Yep. No point chipping a non-turbo car, unless you get something like a bluefin. I'm not sure if these are available for your cars. If you chip a non turbo 2.0. Maximum gain should roughly be 8-12bhp. You'll definately notice some positive affects, and some negative affects i.e. Petrol Consumption. You could spend roughly £300-400 on chipping a car which is really just not worth it. The marea is a family saloon. It's not meant to be fast!

I've posted a video on here somewhere of my largely standard 2.0 20v dong a 7ish second 0-60. It'll run on to an indicated 140 (allegedly.. ;) )

Not bad for something that isn't meant to be fast :D

Had a Cinq remapped, and as others have reported elsewhere with other cars I got more mpg and a smoother ride with no flat spots.

Snoopie said:
A Ford Focus is a hatch. I wouldnt go as far as calling it a family saloon!

I doubt there is much difference between a hatch and a saloon, plus my gf's dad's Alfa 156 2.4 sportswagon (read diesel estate) has a book speed of 132mph.. not exactly slow plus a standard modification is to put a longer 5th gear in and re-map to 250bhp. Now tell me family estates are slow.:D

Back to 100% fiats now though and as Pete has said he has posted video's of 6-7 sec 0-60's :worship: . Not many hatchbacks can keep up with that performance. I think you are new to fiats - every one of them has sporting heritage built into their chassis. So as for not meaning to be fast - well that might do for the lesser manufactuers :p ;)

There are saloons which are meant to be fast. Im not despiting that. But the marea is hardly a performance car! Take an RS6 estate. 450bhp. That was designed like that for a reason! I'm not new to Fiats, We've had ours for the past 4 years. Honestly, we regret it... I know my things about tuning, i've tuned a few cars... And if you think its worth re-mapping a car, without a 4-2-1, Cams, Throttle-bodies etc.. Then good luck :)

Can I sit on the fence here and say that as per usual with most road cars it is a trade-off between power and speed and reliability, comfort and economy.No harm in pushing it futher to the power and speed end if you are willing to sacrifice the rest.

And if you buy a car purely for it's reliability, comfort and economy then expect it to be fast, or don't do your research, then obviously you'll be disappointed in it. 108bhp really is about the going rate for a standard five-ish year-old 1.6l car to be honest.

Helz said:
Can I sit on the fence here and say that as per usual with most road cars it is a trade-off between power and speed and reliability, comfort and economy.No harm in pushing it futher to the power and speed end if you are willing to sacrifice the rest.

And if you buy a car purely for it's reliability, comfort and economy then expect it to be fast, or don't do your research, then obviously you'll be disappointed in it. 108bhp really is about the going rate for a standard five-ish year-old 1.6l car to be honest.

Yeah, thats certainly the going rate as far as power is concerned. But, my point is, there is no point chipping a non modified car. You'd be better of doing other modifications first, then chipping if you want to see a significant gain. I'm not being difficult, its just a known fact!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back