General 1999 Punto clutch oil receptical

Currently reading:
General 1999 Punto clutch oil receptical

welsharcherterry2

Please help, the wife has just broken down (the car) not her, she said the warning light, the same one for when the handbrake is on, was flashing on and off, some times on permanently. On her way to pick daughter up from school; the car would not go into gear, my question is this, although it sounds like the clutch fluid has been depleted hense the warning light flashing, where is the hole to put it in, in the engine compartment ?.
Please help cause now i have to walk 7 miles to the car and hope when i put the fluid in i can get it started and get home. Thanks, Terry

Handbrake light on and off, wont go in the gear, oil leakage?

I don't wanna sound rude, I'm not a master myself, but this sounds like your wife posted it cause she wanna fix the problem herself so you don't find out :D

Clutch oil is under the hood, it's the same one used for breaks, read the cap, it should say....uff...not "type 4" but something like that or "type 3" maybe if it's an older car, but then probbably it's not for clutch, just the brakes, and clutch works on cable.

Anyway....get some more and logical info

That warning light normally comes on if the break fluid is low, and if yours is the type that has a hydraulic clutch then tis would explain the "not going into gear" bit! Both work off of the break fluid resevoir. Start there and if its empty then i would suggest that theres your problem. Working out where the leak is... now theres another issue!
Good luck

Back