General 1998 fiorino wiper motor wanted

Currently reading:
General 1998 fiorino wiper motor wanted

raymie

I have just developed a problem with the front wiper motor. It stops mid sweep intermittantly and the motor has been noisy for some time now as well, anyone got a spare or know if the uno one fits, also how does the motor come out. Raymie.

Last edited:
The wiper motor of any Uno will fit.
Behind the spare wheel (take it out) is the acces to the wiper motor.

Bit of a delayed reply but thanks for your help Peter, the problem wasnt the wiper motor although it is still noisy. It was the old problem of the alternator belt slipping once again and causing the battery to lose voltage. Put a new belt on and tensioned it, recharged the battery (although it still started, although very sluggishly) and wiper is back to normal speed. I really must get to the bottom of the alternator belt trouble as it must be out of line somehow :(.

Raymie.

When the alternator of my Fiorino Pick-Up went bad some years ago, I bought a remanufactured Bosch replacement one at a carparts store, it looked the same, had the same Ah output, 12V. etc.
After putting it in, I noticed it was not in line at all!
I used some metal rings to get it in line, and it's working fine now for about 5 years, and 100.000km's, once in a while I have to adjust the belt, but not often.
It's easier to do all this from beneath the car, and take the right front wheel of.

Back