Technical 1995 punto crashed now wont start

Currently reading:
Technical 1995 punto crashed now wont start

Rizy102

hi all,
had a crash in my 95 punto *1.2* very minor. just new right wing and right headlight. however, this was 3 months ago, and has been sitting outside my garage since the accident. when i tried to start it yesterday i couldnt. obviously the battery was dead. neway, got the battery recharged to full and tried again. the car tries to start but just doesnt spark. the code light stays on and another light sometimes stays on then goes off. it red and on the righ hand corner of the dash. it looks like some sort of ignition light. neway i thought it was the spark plugs so changed all of them today, still no joy. tried jumpstarting it with another, car still no. tried rolling down a hill still wont start.
does anyone know of anything else that might be wrong???
thanks.
p.s. i have a red key.

*EDITED*

Last edited:
will check the switch, but i think i did drive it yes. from where i had the crash to my garage.
thanks

well imo i think it has something to do with imobiliser as the code light is staying on maybe its not recognising your red key dont know why but i would try and get it to a garage to be plugged into diagnostics see whats going on in the ecu first.

Back