Punto (Mk1) 1995 Punto 55 SX in Poland

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk1) 1995 Punto 55 SX in Poland

Poleonpom

G'day,
I'm an Australian living in Krakow and I have bagged a 95 Punto with a 1.1 litre. Many years ago I had an Uno Turbo mk1 which I loved and I have always wanted another Fiat.
This 2 owner car, originally from Austria with all the papers and 107,000 km came up for 1,500zl (350 gbp) and I couldn't resist it
xR8LVeP1zUyepppj7

It makes me feel 18 again, but I do miss my creature comforts like aircon!
Talk me into or talk me out of modifying this car:
Fitting aircon
installing a fabric full length Webasto sunroof
Upgrading to GT Turbospec with a larger engine, brakes etc to make a pocket rocket like my old Uno...
Jonathan

I'm fixing all the basics on my ebay special Punto convertible and then the upgrading begins so say go for it - keep us posted and don't add up the costs.....

i'd not bother trying to change it all to GT spec, its a decent engine with a fair bit of grunt but it would probably be easier to source a modern tjet engine. Only downside to this is you will need aftermarket management - but unless you find a donor GT thats crashed or rotten or something you'll spend your life trying to source all the parts to do the swap.

fitting a tjet in the car is easy peasy, swap the engine mounts from the 1.1 onto the tjet and it'll bolt straight in. Most tjet will have AC attached to them already as well so you'd just need the heater box from inside a mk1 that had AC and it also should all just bolt together with minimum fuss.

I been saying for quite a while if i end up with another mk1 punto I will tjet swap it, even if it were a GT already I'd still tjet swap it tbh. Similar power but lighter than he old lampredi engine in the GT and there is so much aftermarket support for them with all the modded 500 abarths etc with them

Last edited:
An Australian living in Krakow, driving a 90's Punto. You don't see such combination often. (y)

I concur with what blu said. The modern 1.4 T-jet engine is better in every way. I've put a 1.4 in my car and it just bolts straight up. Much easier to swap this but don't think you'll be just bolting parts on, there's always more work required than expected, particularly with the wiring. If you end up modifying the engine management write to me and I can contact you with a tuner who does these cars on a regular basis and they're 1,5h drive away from Krakow.

Last edited:
Back