General 1995 fiat cinquecento sx - lpg conversion kit

Currently reading:
General 1995 fiat cinquecento sx - lpg conversion kit

lipscombcars

Hi all,
could anybody recommend an lpg conversion kit for a 1995 Fiat Cinq sx?
A customer of ours has asked and we thought one of you guys may be able to help.

i highly doubt many cinqs have had an LPG conversion.
given the costs ot convert i would have thought a cinq wouldnt be clocking enough miles to reap the rewards from fuel savings

There has been a few on ebay for sale, and it was a garage in the south of scotland that was doing/selling the converted cinqs. Cant be anymore help.

Ross

Also why would anyone consider having an LPG on this particular vehicle?

There are loads in Poland with this conversion because of the difference in fuel costs, But of late, The price of LPG over there has gone up quite alot so it's not going to save them that much. The tanks are alot smaller so topups are frequent.

I'm shure the calorific value of LPG is alot less than petrol so you would burn more of it to acheive the same power so it would give less mpg and bring the cost closer to using petrol.

you have to crunch the numbers
1st you have ot save enough on fuel to pay for the conversion.
you really need ot do decent miles and keep the car long enough to reap the rewards.
also make sure you insurance covers the conversion.imagine getting it converted then it getting written off!

You also lose boot space for the added tank which adds more weight.

The local councils run some LPG vehicles so there might be some info from them with regard to how much they (save?) the tax payer.

Back