Technical 1994 Ducato 2.5D running on vegetable oil?

Currently reading:
Technical 1994 Ducato 2.5D running on vegetable oil?

Papcina

Heyho!

I got an used Ducato from 1994. with 2.5 diesel engine inside, the van is the Steyr Puch 4x4 version so I'm quite happy with it.

Anyway, I'have also a 1998 Ford Courier 1.8 diesel that I run on vegetable and used motor oil (only during summer period, from April to October), and so far (3 years) it works ok...

Can someone confirm me, if you have tried, does the Fiat 2.5 diesel engine run flawless on vegetable oil or it has issues to consume such fuel?

Since Ducato has quite enough space, I'm also thinking to add a 2nd tank for vegetable oil, but I would still like someone to confirm about running it or not on veggie.

Thanks a lot!

I don't know if you can run that engine on pure veg oil but from the same era i used to run a 97 Mazda bongo on 50/50 summer 70/30 winter (100% veg is possible except for starting.) The only concern is the fuel pump seals , some were are incompatible with veg oil.
You really need the experience of someone with your precise engine.

I don't know if you can run that engine on pure veg oil but from the same era i used to run a 97 Mazda bongo on 50/50 summer 70/30 winter (100% veg is possible except for starting.) The only concern is the fuel pump seals , some were are incompatible with veg oil.
You really need the experience of someone with your precise engine.
yea, that's why I asked here cos I think this is a big community, so maybe someone somewhere already tried this :)

Back