Off Topic 1993 Panda being auctioned

Currently reading:
Off Topic 1993 Panda being auctioned

In view of the fact that nobody else has replied, a few thoughts on the auction; albeit from somebody with no great knowledge of the UK car market.
The car appears to be in good condition, although it is difficult to judge from the photos. The seller is apparently in Luton, which is a fair way from Stafford. Rather a long drive to decide within a few minutes that it's not a good buy.
Compared with other offers in the internet, £4,000 - £6,000 pounds is a very full price for an FWD Panda of that age. You're getting into 4x4 territory at that level.
There are very few cars on offer with the twin canvas roof and you're not likely to be able to find a replacement roof in a hurry.
The latest offer is still below £2,000. If you're really interested in that particular model, why not make a bid. Could be some cheap fun for the summer.
On the other hand, there are plenty of Fiat's on offer at that price and considerably newer than 1993. Look around for something closer to home so that you can at least see the car before parting with the money.

In view of the fact that nobody else has replied, a few thoughts on the auction; albeit from somebody with no great knowledge of the UK car market.
The car appears to be in good condition, although it is difficult to judge from the photos. The seller is apparently in Luton, which is a fair way from Stafford. Rather a long drive to decide within a few minutes that it's not a good buy.
Compared with other offers in the internet, £4,000 - £6,000 pounds is a very full price for an FWD Panda of that age. You're getting into 4x4 territory at that level.
There are very few cars on offer with the twin canvas roof and you're not likely to be able to find a replacement roof in a hurry.
The latest offer is still below £2,000. If you're really interested in that particular model, why not make a bid. Could be some cheap fun for the summer.
On the other hand, there are plenty of Fiat's on offer at that price and considerably newer than 1993. Look around for something closer to home so that you can at least see the car before parting with the money.
Or do as a friend did, flew to Malta and picked up a stunning RHD 1100i panda 4x4 in a metallic juniper…I wonder where that is now?

EF209182-2CE0-4327-88D6-65453CE30A21.png

Ooh, I’m glad you reminded me about that, I’d forgotten to check what it went for!

Back