Technical 1991 1.9D timing

Currently reading:
Technical 1991 1.9D timing

kaspar

Hi

I have a 1991 Fiat Talento (290L) with the 1.9D (non turbo) engine. It is necessary to replace the timing belt and I have a suspicion that the old timing belt is not properly installed (engine starts badly, smokes and is weak).
Where are located the timing marks on the engine? How can I determine that the crankshaft, camshaft and injector pump are in the correct position?

Can anyone help me?

Cheers
Kaspar

Hi

I have a 1991 Fiat Talento (290L) with the 1.9D (non turbo) engine. It is necessary to replace the timing belt and I have a suspicion that the old timing belt is not properly installed (engine starts badly, smokes and is weak).
Where are located the timing marks on the engine? How can I determine that the crankshaft, camshaft and injector pump are in the correct position?

Can anyone help me?

Cheers
Kaspar
hi kaspar. if you don't get the info your looking for on this forum. I would suggest you try TalbotOC. loads of owners with the information and experience your looking for. theirs also a facebook group the Talbot owners club. and also Peugeot Talbot owners group. all these groups fall into your 1991 age group of vehicle and make and size of engine.

Back