General 1975(ish) Fiat Campagnola reputation/maintenance requirements?

Currently reading:
General 1975(ish) Fiat Campagnola reputation/maintenance requirements?

fiatnew4x4

Hi there, I was looking at the "Nuova Campagnola" from the 1970s or even the older Campagnola but haven't been able to find much commentary on this model since it was never imported in the US. How are they to maintain? How are they to drive? I was looking at this for a simple beach type car (hauling kids and gear to the beach and back). No mega off-roading use case here. But still curious about maintenance, repairs, handling, etc. Does anyone have any experience with this model or can point me in the direction of someone with personal experience with it? Thanks!

I can only say that if been a passenger in one in the late eighties. A 2.0l petrol with a detuned engine. It was a lot less bouncy than the landrover we arrived in but just as competent off road. This was an early model facelifted version, so less like a willys and more boxy. All the switchgear was late seventies Fiat from 127/128/131 etc…there’s a thriving market for the cars and parts across Europe, but if you want to gauge prices Subito.it is the place to look

Back