1966FiatJolly4.jpg

600 (Classic) 1966 Fiat 600 Jolly Restoration

Introduction

Hello, New here..Just started on a complete restoration of a 1966 Fiat 600 Jolly. I will be posting restoration details and progress as I go. Nice car to begin with, needs some metal replaced and will be chronicling the process.
Here is the before pics.

1966FiatJolly4.jpg

1966FiatJolly3.jpg

1966FiatJolly5.jpg

1966FiatJolly7.jpg

1966FiatJolly6.jpg

Paints coming off after tear down.
1966FiatJolly181.jpg

1966FiatJolly186.jpg

1966FiatJolly188.jpg

1966FiatJolly189.jpg

1966FiatJolly1816.jpg

1966FiatJolly1810.jpg

1966FiatJolly1814.jpg

1966FiatJolly1813.jpg

1966FiatJolly1812.jpg

I am going to do a detailed write up on the removal and installation of the inner rockers and floor pans. I started on that today. more to come...
Reactions: Davren
Hi,
I just picked up a 58 barn find. It also needs a new floor. Where did you get your floor panels. Also you have stripped down the seats, did you replace the slide mechanism and if so where did you get it.

Great build, quality work.

Thxs Kevin

WOW!! Great job. I sent you a message before. I hope the one I'm doing comes out as nice. I asked you who done the seats. You where going to ask the owner. Also where did you get the floor covering. Again nice job and thanks for taking time to post all of it. You are helping alot in the restoration of the Jolly. Tony

Wow, the car is better than new. I did notice one thing missing however ... The spare tire is held in by a leather belt. It looks like a standard belt buckle and attaches to the loop in front of the tire.

Still, the level of finish is WAY beyond what came out of the Ghia shops. I've driven a couple Jollys and only one comes close, it was sold to a Japanese collector years ago with an Abarth motor. (I supplied the replacement crank for the car. An Abarth crank is a thing of beauty.)

Hey stanz, Since you have been around a few jolly's. I'm doing a 1962 and on the rear seat. It goes all the way across the back unlike the one Zinger done which has a notch by the wheel wells. Mine does not have the notches. The wheel wells have been beaten down to make clearance for the seat frame. Is this the way it came from factory? Anybody that seen this please let me know. Thanks for your time.

Hey stanz, Since you have been around a few jolly's. I'm doing a 1962 and on the rear seat. It goes all the way across the back unlike the one Zinger done which has a notch by the wheel wells. Mine does not have the notches. The wheel wells have been beaten down to make clearance for the seat frame. Is this the way it came from factory? Anybody that seen this please let me know. Thanks for your time.

Personally I've only seen notched seats in person but ... Here's a photo of a Jolly identified as Chris Obert's. You could ask him at fiatplus.com.

4892230537_dc3c217e26.jpg

Personally I've only seen notched seats in person but ... Here's a photo of a Jolly identified as Chris Obert's. You could ask him at fiatplus.com.

Hi Tony,
was a mystery for us too...
Please have a look at the pic...
Could you post pics of your car as well?
Anybody who knows, what was the original color of the trunk and the engine compartment. Ours is satinblack, seems to be original Ghia?

Best
Wolf

Attachments

• P1030509.jpg
    P1030509.jpg
    1,018.3 KB · Views: 96
I will be posting updates soon, I kinda didn't post cause this forum seems weak on the 600...as mentioned. Is there any other place that would be a better source for 600 info? especially jolly? Thanks for looking and I will post soon.
Unfortunately I think theres only a handfull of us but keep posting we may get some more

Back