18'' alloys- what do you think?!

Currently reading:
18'' alloys- what do you think?!

P

Paul

I know people have fitted them out there so come on tell me!!!

How much work for fitting 18's?

the car is lowered 30-40mm... i dont get any rub on my 17'' but 18'' is the magic number!!

i only get rub from 17''s on full lock!

i have205/40's at the mo, how about if i fit 205(215)/35/18.. would the decrease in tyre size make them fit?

Please help because i am dangerously close to making the order for the 18''s and i dont wanna waste my money!!!

Thanks alot

Paul

do it i did put on 215 35 18 nankans my bravo is down 40 mm to and its fine

Re: Re: 18'' alloys- what do you think?!

anymore advice on this subect as i was interest too, i know ppl say u need arch work, but is it minor or loads, could it be done yourself with a bit of diy etc etc,. any ideas ppl?

Nice to hear it!

So i have one person saying that there is no problem...

Has anyone got picures of bravos with 18" on as hard evidence that they do fit??

Thanks alot

Paul

P.S. more of you must have done this??Please ppl i am looking at spending alot of cash here, please help

Re: Nice to hear it!

me 2, lookin at getting 18" momo twins, i think ribs has 18"s mate ask him, im in the same boat as u, dont wanna fork out for something thats gonna scrape the **** out of my tires n wheels or thats gonna cost a fortune in arch rollin

re

i think there's 3 people who have 18's that i can remember. .

Big Al,

an Orange Bravo from near Salisbury, south west

and i;m sure a guy from Ireland said he had.

and Si had them trial fitted on his HGT ages ago,

and Bristol South West tyres have told me they've put 18's on a Bravo no problem.. .

Re: re

I think that the people who fitted 18's had not lowered the car...(i may be wrong)

Why dont you try and get a set of 18x7's?

Daz

Re: Re: re

I had 18's trial fitted on my HGT by R-Tec about 18months ago.
This was before I had the car lowered and I was told it would need major arch work to get them on if lowered.
Was also told to stick to a 7" wide wheel on 205x35x18's as theres not much space in those arches.

Theres a guy called Mike, Swindon way with a Bravo on 18's thats been lowered 35mm i think. No idea what work was needed though.
Big Al has 18's on his but finds they catch the arches and has been advised not to lower it.
Then i think it's Stew? in Ireland who has 18's on his, but not sure if thats been lowered either.

nah

Personnally i would'nt bother with 18's. All this work and money just 2 say "i got 18's !?!?"
Maybe if we owned bigger cars such as bmws!
17's are cool on the bravo and you'd be silly to go for any bigger!! ;)

Re: nah

After seeing BigAl's car at TRAX, IMO there would be no need to lower it with a set of 18's...

...I personally don't like cars that are too low, so if i had 18's...20mm max would be enough for me.

Daz

Re: Re: nah

my fave choice would be 17's as the 18's make the car look much higher off the ground, i love low cars shame if i got mine lowered i wouldn't be able to get it in the street

re

Mike is the guy witjh the orange bravo near me yeah,

his is def lowered, 35 or 40, cant remember,

but i knwo he;s had his arches rolled i think.

Thanks every1!!

I share the same opinion as Sy B now... i have always liked cars more when they are lower and the 18" would just raise it again...

I have got 17" on there now and must admit i would be silly to spend so much more cash on tyres and wheeels just for 1 inch...

I need to replace my 17"'s or get them refurbed and they need some new tyres soon so i will probably cut my losses and buy a new set with tyres.

Thanks for all your help every1, have stopped me possibly making a big mistake.

Paul