Styling 17's on my punto

Currently reading:
Styling 17's on my punto

dombird

I want to put 17's on my punto. It has been dropped 40mm already. Can I fit them on without arch mods and without them rubbing? I have seen loads of punto's with 17's on and I am sure the arches were not rolled, it's just someone said to me nothing above 15" will go on without rubbing!!!! please help!!!

Ive had my GT dropped 30mm and they advised 16's to get away with no mods, best bet to try a decent wheel @ Tyre place.

16's are no problem - I'm presuming that it's a mk1? i just put me some 16" Superleggera's - front passenger side rubs but only coz I smashed the front wheel into a curb and it bent me track rod & anti-roll bar back... :( driver's side's fine, no arch rolling done.

squiggle squiggle

i just thought i'd follow this up as i forgot about it. I have since put some 17" 6 spoke rims on with with 195/40 tyres. it's been droped 40 mm and the rear arches have been grinded and rolled. no scrubage even with 3 in the back. the wheels sink right into the arches! i always forget the make og the rims. RIAL's thats it!

Sounds cool[8D]

Have you got any pictures of the Punto running 17's??

Cheers
JOhn

891466.jpg

when i get my car back from the garage i'll give it a clean, finish the little bits of and get some pics up. any one know how to speed up my car without spending a ridiculous amount? it's a 75 and i wanted to decat it and add an induction kit and chip. is it worth it? bearing mind i cannot afford a gt and i'm going to swap my engine!

ive got a mk1 dropped 60mm on 17' BK238 with a 205/40 profile, i had to grind away and fold up the rear arch lip, rear bumper mount (glued the bumper back on). did the same for the hell of it with the front but i believe they mite be slightly the wrong offset because a saw another with the same drop and it didnt rub at all, mine doesnt rub unless i ram it into a corner hard but im gonna try those rubbery bumpstops for the rear springs from demon tweaks hopefully should stiffen it slightly, anyone tried them? it looks well mean slammed!!!!

andy

It dont matter if u win by an inch or a mile ... winnings winning!

ive just had 17s on my punto mk2 andit catchs on the arches if theres more than 2 people in the car,help what can be done because it doesnt sound to healhy like! :(

dp gould

Ive got 17's on my mk2 aswell, and they scrub with people in the back. to slove this you need to put spacers (only about 3mm) on the rear and roll the rear arches cos the wheels scrub the inner arch, not the outer. but once spacers are on the wheels will rub the outer arch- therefore roll them

PuntoPerformance is returning (just thought I would mention that....)

Anyway, I've done this with a m8s car (well 4 times, 2 cars, 3 times on 1 of them).

Red Punto was OK generally with 17's (Compomotive MO, et35 7x17), rubbed on the leading edge of the rear bumper (nearest to the wheel). That was ground out from the inside, and the screw was taken out and replaced with a 'sticky pad'. This sorted the problem with that offset and a 50 mm drop on Spax springs and standard dampers.

Then he got et35's 7x17 and G-max 60mm springs and dampers. Ok, this was a bítch and a half. Front and rear arches needed grinding (courtesy of me) and it took over 14 hours (non-stop) to do the lot.

Generally, anything with a spring and damper kit of more than 40mm will need arches doing. Coil-overs....lol, never been there. Hoping to when I get my loan (special 4x4 project with 19's) and I will report then, if I ever get a loan big enough that is.

Check it out - www.puntoperformance.co.uk (used to be www.puntoperformance.com)

Back