17 yr old - MK1 1.2 Punto Sporting

Currently reading:
17 yr old - MK1 1.2 Punto Sporting

Baxendale

Hi guys, after browsing for months un-registered I finally registered :) I've bought a MK1 Punto 1.2 Sporting as a first car cos I've just turned 17, unfortunately though insurance is turning out way too expensive. Provisional on my own is £980 a year which is fine, Full UK is going to turn out over 2 grand? I can pay the provisional monthly easily, but 2 grand when I've passed!?

Any chance of getting it below £2000 in about 5 months time when i've passed? I knew it was going to be high from research.. but not this high lol :( My parents will let me go on theres, but as the main driver.. however it's still over 2 grand?

A cock, A gift, and a curse
Who you looked at insurance with?

Tried Adrian Flux, they are unable to quote.. Quinn direct are VERY good when i'm on provisional, but are unable to quote on full..

i was going to say sounds like a quote from quinn!
try direct line or something!

Cheers, I'll try direct line.. are Quinn expensive on a full?

Direct line unable to quote, lol.

Last edited:
Mine is £1800 on a W-reg Mk2 direct line

sucks doesn't it, wonder how much it will go down (if at all) as its due in sept

What insurance group is that? I was gonna buy a Corsa-C SXi as there only insurance group 3 and there 1.2 16v lol..

if a company is unable to provide a quote online, can they normally provide one over the phone? And can you ask them what it will be in 5 months ish time when I pass?

Tried Adrian Flux, they are unable to quote.. Quinn direct are VERY good when i'm on provisional, but are unable to quote on full..

Cheers, I'll try direct line.. are Quinn expensive on a full?

Direct line unable to quote, lol.

Quinn cheapest for me on Stilo.

20, 1 years NCB, 3 points and only £730 fully comp :D

You a student? Try Endsleigh (y)

Jon.

P.s, steer clear of direct line at all costs! Right crooks!

Direct Line arent bad! cheapest quote i got tbh, i spent weeks looking :mad:
ended up paying 1038 fully comp on my uno :) being 18 and its a 1L its high but i only passed in march! :p

Direct Line arent bad! cheapest quote i got tbh, i spent weeks looking :mad:
ended up paying 1038 fully comp on my uno :) being 18 and its a 1L its high but i only passed in march! :p

Have you ever had to make a claim with them :confused: I suspect not, otherwise you wouldn't be saying they're not bad.

They're worse than pikieys!

Never heard of a good / easy claim through them (n)

Bad luck if you have to claim :(

Quinn cheapest for me on Stilo.

20, 1 years NCB, 3 points and only £730 fully comp :D

You a student? Try Endsleigh (y)

Jon.

P.s, steer clear of direct line at all costs! Right crooks!

Thanks, yep I'm a full time student (3 days a week) with a part time job.

Looks like I'm gonna have to sell after I've learnt to drive in it :(

Back