17 year old insurance grande punto

Currently reading:
17 year old insurance grande punto

Looking at purchasing this mint grande punto im 17 will i get bent over with the price what do i do!!! its a 1.4 sporting on autotrader for £3999 can someone post the url as i need to post 5 to be allowed to thanks guys

Rather than using the compare websites, ring around all the companies you can think of as some quote cheaper over the phone :)

Also have a look on the companies that fit a tracker on your car and restrict hours or miles, they aren't great for everyone but most people find them a lot cheaper-google ikube and insure the box ;) (think co-op also do some sort of tracked system)

Also look at the brokers at the top of this section as they offer discounts to forum members

The car you want will naturally be expensive for 17 year olds because its a 1.4 (slightly large engine) and it's got sport in the name (seriously, it does affect the price!) have a look at GP's with smaller engines, the 1.48v and 1.2

And finally, try pass plus, doesnt always bring the cost down but some insurers give a bit of discount if you have it

its a nice car, but i must say its going to cost you some to insure it. if you can afford it then ther is no problem. take it from me though, to give you a picture of how much its going to cost.
i drive a group 1 cinquecento with a 899cc engine that cost me £1645 to insure. i passed my test in April and my insurance started in May. our post code is not too bad when it comes to car crime.

the car i had before i passed my test (the car i wanted to drive) was a Corsa B 1.5 diesel. group 4 insurance. on the day of me passing my test i rang places up to get it insured and the lowest i could find was £4012.
i was 22 at the time of getting quotes.

like i said, if you can afford as much as what you bought the car for in insurance costs then thats all well and good.
but myself i would go for the cheeper option and look into getting something like a Cinquecento or a Seicento get some no claims build up then after a year or two look into getting a nice car with a lowered insurance price on it.

that is my plan anyhoo.

i really wanted my first car to be Diesel powered but the insurers soon took that off me in crazy costs.

i hope your able to get the car you want.. good luck!
also welcome to the Forum! :)

Back