General 17"s on a HGT punto...

Currently reading:
General 17"s on a HGT punto...

Dazza

Cause I have the extra power now over the old active sport will fitting 17's affect my over all performance/handling/accerelation etc.

What do you guys reckon?

Thanks for any replies (y) :)

It will effect over all performance/handling/accerelation etc, but IMO still looks good. I bought 18's for mine but with the fitting of the coil overs and lowering to much work was required to run with them:( so settled for 16 being fitted this week.

Steve

I'd say go for it! Doubt you'd notice a difference with the HGT, its only us with the piddly 1.2s that notice it.

Just buy the lightest alloys you can.....

LanciaMad said:
I'd say go for it! Doubt you'd notice a difference with the HGT, its only us with the piddly 1.2s that notice it.

Just buy the lightest alloys you can.....
I noticed the difference when driving them. So did the owner and reverted back to 15s.

Even drove a car with 205 tyres on and it was rubbish compaired to when it had 195s on (same rims).

Standard rims look ok, other than that oz superlegguras in 15x7 with 195/50 tyres look and drive wicked.

steve1219 said:
It will effect over all performance/handling/accerelation etc, but IMO still looks good. I bought 18's for mine but with the fitting of the coil overs and lowering to much work was required to run with them:( so settled for 16 being fitted this week.

Steve

Steve your car looks awesome with the Sporting alloys on! No need to change them (y)

i dont notice much diffrence with speedgear box and a 1.2 16v in normal mode or speed gear mode, but in econamy mode the car hates them :( and i had to raise the car a bit and cut bits out (running coil overs, ultra low) if nice 15s come up cheep i am going to change back i think

Cheers for the replies guys!

I did have 17"'s on the old active sport and it looked proper bo! :yum:

But it affected a few things, like the accerelation probably being the worse!

Top end speed seemed to have dropped, when it eventually got there :rolleyes:

Ride quality wasn't that good neither :eek:

dave said:
i dont notice much diffrence with speedgear box and a 1.2 16v in normal mode or speed gear mode, but in econamy mode the car hates them :( and i had to raise the car a bit and cut bits out (running coil overs, ultra low) if nice 15s come up cheep i am going to change back i think

My old car was a 1.2 8v, putting bigger alloys on seemed to affect everything on the car! at least you had the 16V on your side.

Tempted to buy some abarth alloys but keep the size to 15"

wolfracepunto said:
Even on my Fabia I noticed the difference with 17s and thats got 310Nm of torque.

But dont do what you did last time - fit 17s and dont lower it... Lower it FIRST, then get 17s!

I never asked for a taxi :D

Yeah must admit I was a bit of a noob wasn't I! lol!

Actually looking at your alloys in your sig... :rolleyes:

Back