Styling 17"s on 60mm

Currently reading:
Styling 17"s on 60mm

bodd

ok guys iv jst spent loads on gettin my punto pukka 17"s beast bodykit smooth boot colour coded lights.my prob iv got at the mo is that its only droped 40mm n the front looks high n i realy want to slam it so does any one know if u can get away wid it on springs alone on the front or am i gunna av spend more for sum fully adjustables.
has any one got 17"s on 60mm i no mine scrub a little especially the back if u put mor than one person in.
cheers

posted in another thread, yeah mine is -60 on shocks and springs cos the original shocks couldnt take it, got gmax's, had it on 15's at the time then went for 17's, if theyr the right offset then ull have far less hassle, think mine are slightly off, had to bend the back lip up and grind away the rear bumper mount (use a filler/glue to reattach it, looks sweet! email me on [email protected] if u wanna c sum pics

andy

It dont matter if u win by an inch or a mile ... winnings winning!

i sld b recieving my springs today or 2mo i got demon tweeks to ask gmax n they said sould b fine. i no i need sum shocks but bit skint being a student n al.i cant put 60mm on the back yet as got standard shocks n no 1 will b able to get in the back. wot shoks u got? .gmax as well? do u get any scrubbage? cheers andy might giv u a shout c wot ur punto looks like.
;)

hello lads, just dunked my punto on 17's, 60mm all round using g-max springs and shocks, all i had to do was get the arches rolled, apart from that the ride quality is great and there isnt any rubbing now! The best thing to do on the front is to get a laguna splitter or thoses corner splitters to go on ur bumper, makes it looks much lower! GO FOR IT!

charles curtis

rolling the arch means that they get this piece of equipment and it will roll the inside of the arch up so it gives you more room for your tyres.

hey chuck yeah iv got thoes spring but gotta wait for shock bit skint at the mo:(
was rolling your arches vital coz i cant afford that at mo. basicaly do u recon u could have driven it without them being rolled?

oh yeah how much it cost? cheers buddy

Sorry guys you are out of your mind i am a mechanic you are going to rip your gearbox and driveshafts apart, as standared it wont be able to handle it!

why not just stick with 16's with low profile?

would a mk2 punto with 16's (40/45 profile) and lowered by 60mm all round rub?

also whats the max that its possible to lower the car with by just changing the springs, on the original shocks?

Yo japhill, everyone Knows that when you start modding your motor things f**k up quicker, but its all part of the modding game, so go tell some poeple who cares! If u want to modd, then modd, just always keep a little to one side just incase and you will be fine!

Hey bodd, sorry i didnt get bk quicker, doing some major overtime to pay for some lush final body work, to the punto, not long till i get some pictures out! Anyway, rolling your arches is vital if you want to keep your tyres and be able to take more than yourself in the car. This local place near me, rolled all mine for me, and its alot cheaper than having to buy new tyres coz theyve been chewed up! haha My advice is to save up quick and try to bargin with the people you get to do the work to save a bit, you know, pay cash or ask for discount coz youve had work done by them b4, that sort of stuff! Should only cost you round £100!

Hope this helps

ps DONT JUST CUT! ROLLING GETS A BETTER AND LONG LASTING QUALITY FINISH!

charles curtis

cheers m8 imgetting there money is the problem at mo just got a new job so sod silly things like eating.lol.(im a poor student)
will be getting it done soon. just had my windows tinted though almost limo black on a black mk1 it looks great i would recomend it 2 any 1 who got a black punto (wolfracepunto)
ps wolfracepunto have u got urban racers on ur car if so we seem to think alike.
cheers guys

live by the sword die by the sword live by the pen and die bored.

£160 for all 5 windows at 80% tint so propper dark and apperently the law has changed so can't have it on the front windows but sod that you will still pass the MOT. Yeah know what you mean finish is nice on black[8D] (untill you curb it[V]).

live by the sword die by the sword live by the pen and die bored.

Back