Styling 17" Alloys on MK 1 Punto

Currently reading:
Styling 17" Alloys on MK 1 Punto

Well considering Im new, im not sure which area to put it under and I need a fairly quick responce then yes I do feel I needed 3 threads. Is that really such a life destroying issue?

you need to learn how to use a forum.

if you dont follow the rles people will not help generally.

I think you might get away with 17's but it will look crap and ruin your gearbox and other components.

you need to learn how to use a forum.

if you dont follow the rles people will not help generally.

I think you might get away with 17's but it will look crap and ruin your gearbox and other components.

Ok, cheers for the advice.

I have a 1999 MK1 Fiat Punto 1.2 Litre, Currently has standard wheels, will 17" Alloys fit and work ok on it?
Hi there mate welcome to FF (y)

I very much doubt 17's would go on without rolling the arches and such like, Its hard enough with the MK2.
So unless you want to be changing your tires every month and want to significantly reduce the life of your punto i would advise against it.
Also IMO i would say that unless you have really done up the car well 17's on a MK1 would look gash.
Another also you only have a lickle engine so you would loose acceleration.

My advice is to spend the money on a nice set of 15's but check what they look like on your car 1st if you need a photoshop done send me a link to wheels and a pic of your car via PM and i can show you what they look like. (y)

Why :confused: MK2's are fine on 17s. If you are spinning off every set of lights then it is byebye gearbox but i know plenty of people with mk2s that run 17s and have no box problems.

Down to width offset being wrong doesnt mean they will do it on every car. Just have to make sure you get the right offset for the car and space the wheels out if they do rub. Its nothing major.

Down to width offset being wrong doesnt mean they will do it on every car. Just have to make sure you get the right offset for the car and space the wheels out if they do rub. Its nothing major.

Yeah like i said it depends on the wheels if they are second hand then you will need the right ofset ring things.
But what about the MK1 do they need rolling? And i still think they would look gash on a standard car thats not lowered and lowering would cause even more problems.

Spigots have nothing to do with the offset of the wheels they are just changed to cater for change in hub size between different cars. Again if the wheels are the right offset lowering wont cause any problems. I know a lad with a mk2 running 17s and he is lowered over 100mm and doesnt rub in the arches.

Spigots have nothing to do with the offset of the wheels they are just changed to cater for change in hub size between different cars. Again if the wheels are the right offset lowering wont cause any problems. I know a lad with a mk2 running 17s and he is lowered over 100mm and doesnt rub in the arches.

over 100mm with no rubbing? surely he's modified the arches? or has he ultra low pro tyres on maybe?

Back